mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
M
mattp14 Offline OP
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
M
Hi Guys. I'm trying to find a way to actually hide the mirc taskbar button (not system tray icon), yet leave the mirc window visible.

I've got multiple displays on my pc and i'd like to just leave mirc open on one of them without taking up precious taskbar space doing it. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
-Matt

M
Babel fish
Babel fish
M
By "multiple displays" did you mean more than one instance of mIRC running? If so, any mIRC instance can be put into the system tray by holding shift down when you click the minimise button.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I think he wants to have the mIRC taskbar button removed, whilst mIRC's main window still active, something that can only be achieved with a DLL explicitly coded to do such thing.

Gone.
M
mattp14 Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Yes, FiberOptics - that's exactly what I'm talking about. I suspected that a .dll was the only way to go but I saw a lot of script posts here that talked about hwnd and hiding windows and what not so i thought i'd give it a shot.

I'll go post in the developer forum.

Thanks!

M
Babel fish
Babel fish
M
Sorry, I read it too quickly and mistook "multiple displays" and "precious taskbar space" to mean you only wanted one mIRC instance in the task bar at a time. My mistake, perhaps my bias towards *my precious* mIRC smile

Link Copied to Clipboard