mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
A
AJM Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
A
whilst using the programme I have noticed that when sending the status box says "Sending Request - Awaiting reply" then the connection is lost after a short period of time. the system I am using is XP service pack 2, with kasper key anti virus software.

could any one please point me in the right direction so I can operate fully and share.

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
He almost made it a legit request, then said the word "share" oh well LOL!

T
Babel fish
Babel fish
T
Having CTCP blocked or disabled on client or host can cause a problem, as well as firewalls, routers etc.

For the case of Firewall and/or router make sure you specify a port range for DCC and add them or allow them on either firewall or router (or both)

Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
Since I began using a D-Link Wireless Router, I have been able to receive DCC but not send. Would somebody kindly suggest what numbers I should try in which boxes?

Last edited by Byronik; 22/12/05 08:51 AM.
T
Babel fish
Babel fish
T
this means that your DCC port is being blocked by the dlink router. In this case you need to change the ports for DCC and then forward them to that computer on the router.

mIRC Options -> Connection -> Options -> Advanced (button)

this is where you change the address. Make sure you forward the whole range you choose.

I use one port: 1024 (Personal option)

Link Copied to Clipboard