#13686 01/03/03 06:40 PM
N
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
N
i'm sorry, IMO, i cant use any irc client without these features
and until these are added, i will use xchat

(note that both these features complement each other)

1. nick/tab highlighting by default, sure this can be enabled but you gotta manually type in your nickname in the highlighting options...

2. proper tab complection, when you tab complete a nickname and it is the first word you are typing, it should complete the name, add a colon, and add a space, or at the very least add a space.... i know many mirc users who find tab completion 'crap' because it isn't implemented in such a way in mirc, all xchat users use it though

eg if u are completing the name 'frank' , if u type 'fr<tab>' (as first word) it should pop out something like 'frank: ' or 'frank, ' or 'frank ' .. mirc pops out 'frank' only ...

Nell

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Say "I won't use your software until you add these features" is NOT the best way to get your suggestions to be taken seriously...

X
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
X
lol, im sorry this program dosnt "please" you. But it wasnt built for you, nor do you half to use it; so it would be a bad idea to go around demanding things.

and is one space so hard? omg it take so much engergy!!! space space <--- space

if it it makes you that mad, make it yourself

Last edited by xrn0id; 01/03/03 08:22 PM.

;Check for Life

if (%life == $null) {
goto getlife
}
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
God forbid you might have to manually type something!
/me converts to xchat immediately to save herself a fraction of a second! :tongue:

Sheesh...if you think those are major flaws in mIRC, what do you consider minor ones? Wait...I don't want to know!

Never compare yourself to others - they're more screwed up than you think.
V
vcv Offline
Babel fish
Babel fish
V
Oh my god.. clicking a checkbox and typing your nickname..so much effort!! I Agree!!! </sarcasm>

V
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
V
and what about all those who don't use the built in highlight?
I know I don't, and if I'm forced to use it by Khaled, then maybe I'll think about another client ;b
So having an option to change things is GOOD
and I wouldn't mind having an option ti change tab completion wink

And all I need now is intellectual intercourse, a soul to dig the hole much deeper
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
Fair enough, but it's not the actual suggestions that are being dismissed, it's the way they were put forward. mad

Never compare yourself to others - they're more screwed up than you think.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
i'm sorry, IMO, i cant use any irc client without these features and until these are added, i will use xchat

Your loss. You'll be using the programme that in reality you don't really like because you refuse to add a five line script, to the programme you apparently do like, that satisfies your nick completion problem.

Code:
on *:input:#: {
  if ($1 ison #) {
    echo $colour(own) -ta &lt; $+ $me $+ &gt; $1 $+ : $2-
    .raw privmsg $active $1 $+ : $2-
    halt
    return
  }
}
30 seconds work, though there's probably a better way to do it, if so, by almeans post it.

H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
i'm sorry, IMO, i cant use any irc client without these features and until these are added, i will use xchat

nellweems: Enjoy XChat. laugh

Your loss.

Watchdog: But not ours. One largish and one smallish tweak, and one unnecessary command removal:
Code:

on *:INPUT:#:{
  if ($1 !ison #) return
  echo $colour(own) [color:red]-tai[/color] $+(&lt;,$me,&gt; $1,:) $2-
  .raw PRIVMSG $active [color:red]$+(:,$1,:)[/color] $2-
  halt
}

1. You probably want the text to indent 2 spaces like the rest of mIRC's text echoes do.
2. If you're using PRIVMSG and your text has more than a single word, a leading colon is required for the text of the message.
3. Since you have halted the event, you'll never go past the halt .. no need for the /return.

(My other changes are cosmetic, mainly because I can't leave well enough alone.)

DALnet: #HelpDesk and #m[color:#FF0000]IR[color:#EEEE00]C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
You are quite right about the colon, though CR doesn't require it, which is why I never bothered initially. I'm not sure why it is forgiving in this regard.

Thanks for the reply though, your event looks far better. grin

N
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
N
oh dear, you guys are mistaking me!!! i did not mean to be rude, nor put down mirc, im just saying this is what i require in an irc client, and i would love to use mirc if it had it, maybe i phrased myself wrong, sorry...

_
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
_
id like mirc to get my slippers and read the newspaper to me on sundays ....... i refuse to use it unless it will do that ...... hmm sound rude to u or just ignorance?

all joking aside ..... u can do what uve mentioned quite easily so unless u want everything handed to u on a silver platter i cannot see any reason why one would not choose mirc ...... for a windows platform ..... its the industry standard so to speak. its what all other windows based irc clients should try to match ...... it has been for years ...... just my opinion tho

D3m0nnet.com
N
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
N
_D3m0n_
it was neither ignorance, not rudeness, like i said from my previous post, it was a matter of misphrasing

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
So you mean to tell me "MAJOR" is the best word to describe these "missing features"? I would consider "___________**********MINOR**********___________" to be a much more accurate description. I've yet to see any suggestions for things that are more minor than what you suggested.

N
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
N
major for me i meant, we all want different things, well i guess they are pretty minor for most people, i guess i came off too strong frown

R
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
R
However, X-chat IS a great client. The reason I'm on this board is that mIRC is the IE of the IRC world, so before something is to be supported, mIRC will have to add support for it first, anyway.

But I won't tell Windows users to switch to X-chat. People like mIRC, and I respect that. But if you use X-chat already, I don't see why you should switch to mIRC at all.

Link Copied to Clipboard