mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
T
tatu2 Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
T
I recently installed mIRC, and can't connect to any of the servers. Under options I have told it to connect to ALL IRC Networks. Every server on the list reports the same thing.

Unable to connect to server (Connection refused)

I realize some servers may be down or no longer there, but I find it hard to believe that every IRC server on the list is bad.

I am not running a firewall. I am using a cable modem through my local cable company (Shaw) located in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. How do I figure out if my service provider is the cause of the problem? Is there a way to do this without phoning them?

Thank you.

T
tatu2 Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
T
I assume I haven't included enough information. I am running Windows 2000 Server. The cable modem is connected directly to the server. I am not using a software or hardware router. If I have neglected to include any other information you might need to help me please drop me a message and I will post it ASAP. Thanks.

T
tatu2 Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
T
A few more things I forgot to mention.

I am running BitSpirit and Kazaa Lite. These both work fine.

My FTP program works fine (CuteFTP).

I recently installed eMule. Not working. It reports the following error message when I try to connect to any server. I also couldn't update the server list.

11/25/2005 5:03:57 PM: Connecting to Viewer (86.104.41.11:4661)...
11/25/2005 5:03:57 PM: Error while connecting to Viewer (86.104.41.11:4661): Error 10061: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.
11/25/2005 5:03:57 PM: Fatal Error while trying to connect. Internet connection might be down

Any help greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Link Copied to Clipboard