Print Thread
#136103 22/11/05 08:58 PM
T
TACO Offline OP
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
T
How about adding a progress bar into dialog editing, I know MDX can do it but I rather steer away from third party dlls if I can.

#136104 22/11/05 10:20 PM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
sugested numerous times and ive always concured although now, if all goes well with dcx which will by the looks of it, i think khaled should implement dcx into mIRC by default. smile

$maybe
#136105 22/11/05 11:09 PM
T
TACO Offline OP
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
T
I just find that it would be nice, maybe he should get ahold of Dragonzap for his MDX, its extremely well done.

#136106 23/11/05 09:04 AM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
I suggest you checkout DCX.

Ive been a huge fan of mdx for years and used every single feauture of it and i know what makes DCX so much better. Maybe i should do a feature comparision between the two, so people might switch over more easily. But take it from me DCX is already that much better and will only continue to be exceed MDX.

DCX should be built in, not MDX smile

$maybe
#136107 23/11/05 04:20 PM
C
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
C
That could be a good thing to add on the page of the DLL, a "Why Switch" or a "DCX vs MDX" page.

If you want to write it, then go ahead, you get all the credits and I'll publish it on the DCX website. You can create example images of the possibilities or reuse some of the help images.

#136108 26/11/05 08:22 PM
T
TACO Offline OP
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
T
I honestly only see a few things that differ, and I see things each other has that the other does. I will stick with MDX.

#136109 27/11/05 12:06 AM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Well im working on a list with all the differences between the 2, which is turning more into a list with what DCX has that MDX hasnt with each beta version that gets released. Could you tell me what it is you see in MDX that DCX currently does not ? DCX is still in development and each request and bug is being dealt with by the author (clickhere). But even as it stands now i would chose it over MDX.

Keep in mind that there are a couple controls in DCX that will be added soon: IPaddress,webcontrol,UpDown, Calander.
Stuff like Drag and drop support (even from within one control something MDX cant do) , itemheight for treeview. Progressbars in listviews, combo's in listview.

If your just on about the Progressbar being better in MDX its not DCX has more options such as having text in the Progress bar, it has more events, Marquee control style...

Im not involved in the development of dcx other then translation and reporting bugs i find, Which i wouldnt even be doing if i didnt think DCX was ALOT better as MDX.

I've loved and cherised MDX for years but DCX is my new hot blonde lover now smile

$maybe
#136110 27/11/05 08:02 PM
H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
Whilst I agree that DCX is much better because of the extra features, I think the MDX way of creating controls was much better as it let us use existing dialog editors like dstudio or deditor to create a layout and still have a general idea of what it would look like.

#136111 27/11/05 08:17 PM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
I like the dcx way alot better because:
You insert controls directly on to the dialog, its important you have a general idea of what you want with dcx since you can embedd and embedd and embedd etc etc lol. But creating the controls is more important then fixing the x y w h in the creation command. Using Cell layout algorithm you can ensure propper alignment and resizing. Its not just better because the added feautures its way better in the way you retreive and send info to it.

Of course a DCXStudio would be hot, i agree.

i've finished the comparision for those interested:
http://www.i-mirc.com/dcxcmp/dcxvsmdx.htm

$maybe
#136112 27/11/05 10:33 PM
C
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
C
The problem with the MDX way of doing is the that the day he would of wanted to add container controls like a rebar, tab, panel, etc it would of shoewed the limitation as you can't put mIRC regular controls on these, mIRC "loses" them because they don't touch the parent dialog anymore. That's why my first attempt at DCX in 2004 failed because I couldn't realize that fact and tried all sorts of nasty workarounds that never came through.

The new DCX is the only way to approach the problem in a reasonable manner and I think I greatly simplified the usage with making things conform to a generic interface identical to mIRC's /did, $did, /dialog and $dialog.

#136113 30/11/05 01:37 PM
T
TACO Offline OP
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
T
I may give DCX a try, but only because ClickHeRe is a fellow Canadian, and we all know them americans don't like us (jk). We gotta stick together.

Link Copied to Clipboard