Print Thread
#136033 21/11/05 10:38 PM
B
bozoken Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
B
My brother doug passed away on saturday nov 19. i dont know if he still used mirc but thought i would post the obituary. Im nit sure of his screen name (names)maybe obrien, maybe locutus. If anyone has questions they can email me a@ bozo@dmcom.net

COOPERSTOWN — Doug Gracey, 45, of county Highway 26, Cooperstown, and formerly of the Oneonta area, died unexpectedly Saturday, Nov. 19, 2005, at Mary Imogene Bassett Hospital in Cooperstown.

He was born on his parent’s third wedding anniversary, Aug. 10, 1960, at Mary Imogene Bassett Hospital in Cooperstown, a son of J. Andrew (’Andy’) and Virginia Mae (Potter) Gracey.

He attended Cooperstown schools and graduated from Cooperstown Central School with the class of 1978. During his high school career he excelled in the track program under the coaching of Don Howard, whom Doug held in high regard.

For most of his life he lived in the Oneonta area and was employed as a computer technician.

Throughout his life, fishing and bowling were constants, as evidenced by his great love for both sports. He enjoyed nothing better than roaming the banks of Oaks Creek, trout rod in hand, and was a skilled bowler, having attained two 300 hundred games during his career.

A quiet man who kept mostly to himself, he never the less possessed a subtle sense of humor, and will be remembered for always making people laugh.

Doug is survived by his mother, Mrs. Virginia Gracey, of Cooperstown, with whom he was residing; two brothers, Richard Gracey and his wife, Gerrie, and their children, Jack, Ryan and Abigail, and Kenneth Gracey and his wife, Lisa, and their two daughters, Brandy and Maura, all of Oneonta; and one sister, Patricia Gracey of Fort Plain.

He was predeceased by his father, Andy Gracey, who died Jan. 7, 2003.

A Service of Remembrance and Celebration will be offered at 8 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 22, 2005, at the Connell, Dow & Deysenroth Funeral Home in Cooperstown, with the Rev. Thomas E. Pullyblank, pastor of the Fly Creek United Methodist Church, officiating.

The Service of Committal and Burial will take place at a later date in Lakewood Cemetery, Cooperstown.

Friends may call at the funeral home Tuesday evening from 6:30 until service time.

As Doug’s organs were donated for transplantation purposes, it is his family’s request that, in lieu of flowers, expressions of sympathy in the form of memorial gifts be made to the Center for Donation and Transplant, 218 Great Oaks Boulevard, Albany, NY 12203. Or, memorial gifts may be made to Cooperstown Central School, care of The Business Office, 39 Linden Ave., Cooperstown, NY 13326 for a fund to be designated by Doug’s family.

Arrangements are under the direction of the Connell, Dow & Deysenroth Funeral Home in Cooperstown.

B
bozoken Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
B
another possibility of screen name is: PICARD

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
My condolences on your loss.

R
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
R
Condolences. What a sad reminder of the realities of life.

Link Copied to Clipboard