mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
H
Hjorten Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
H
Here's the deal, I've got two monitors and I've usually got mIRC in the left one.

I was away during the weekend and used Radmin in order to check a few things, so this time I moved mIRC to the right monitor.

When I came back today I moved mIRC back to the left monitor, and when I right clicked I noticed that the popup appeard on the left side of the right monitor, which is wrong.

I've restarted mIRC and checked through mirc.ini but found nothing that would seem logical to change to get it back.

This is getting pretty annoying even if I don't use my popups so often. Everything else, ie: script editor, channel central and such also appears on the left side of the right monitor.

Has anyone seen this happen before?

Using:
mIRC 6.14
XP PRO SP1 Swedish, with all updates.

Last edited by Hjorten; 14/11/05 09:47 PM.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Usually, when using multiple monitors, you can drag parts from one monitor onto another monitor. Try doing that with your popups and see if they stay there. If not, I'm not sure as I don't use multiple monitors.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
H
Hjorten Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
H
I've tried to move mIRC to the left monitor, close it, restart it. But still, it opens in the right monitor. And I can't drag-n-drop popups.

And it's odd, I mean, this has never happened before.

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
tried moving it to where ya want it.

left clicking the icon next to FILE (menu) and selecting POSITION/SAVE ?

H
Hjorten Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
H
Tried that, didn't help.

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
Temporarily disable the second video card through your device manager (presuming that you have two video cards and not one card with dual outputs), then start up mIRC. Since the second video is disabled, windows won't be able to put the display from mIRC onto the wrong display. Then move the pop-ups to where you want on the single display, save the positions of the windows, close mIRC, re-enable the 2nd video & restart mIRC. That should put your mIRC back to just the single monitor...or at least, that's what I had to do when I attempted to duplicate your problem, & tehn resolve it.

Link Copied to Clipboard