mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
P
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
P
Hey I have an IntelliMouse Explorer special edition. I also have the latest version of IntelliPoint, which is 4.1 I guess. And Windows XP. In mouse settings, I have "hide mouse pointer while typing" DISABLED. And when I type, it doesn't get hidden.. good. But in mirc, it does! Whenever I type, my mouse pointer disappears. I just switched to 6.03 from 5.9 and with 5.9 it doesn't do that. Can't mirc just follow Windows default settings?

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Come to think of it, the same happens for me. I have a MS IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0 using the 4.1 Intellipoint under XP Home.

M
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
M
Same here, 'normal' mouse, default drivers.

P
OP Offline
P
I found a reproducable bug! YAY! (Wait no, that's a bad thing..) Boo! :|

I still love you Khaled. Happy 8th birthday mIRC!!!

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
I got tired of my MS mouse so I went out and bought a Logitech MX700 (MouseWare 9.75) and it also has the same problem. This leads me to believe the problem is definately in mIRC and not the mouse.

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
curiosity question for all of you if you would be kind enuf to test: does this happen with all the diff visual styles (file/options/display/options visual styles button) ?

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
R
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
R
I also have the same problem, but I don't think it's mIRC, as several other programs do the same thing. Try typing in Notepad, Wordpad, MS Word, and other things. For me, the pointer is hidden while typing in those as well. (Yes, I did check to make sure that the option was UNCHECKED, and it was.)
I noticed that if you have your pointer somewhere off of the mIRC program window while you're typing, it will not be hidden.

S
Babel fish
Babel fish
S
lol i have that too since XP, w98 it always worked fine,

i bet it had something to do with xp

Link Copied to Clipboard