mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#135333 10/11/05 06:22 PM
D
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
D
i am wondering if someone can help me, i am looking for script that will post in my room
the script i want will post the Live Schedule for the Dj's? i want people in the main room type !scheduale and another window will pop open and it will give them the Dj's names and time they are playing and what day

does anyknow know where i can get script like that or someone can make me know it would be wonderful

ty

#135334 10/11/05 06:49 PM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
If you want a popup window, every user would have to use the script. Chances of getting them to do that are low in most cases. Perhaps having a text output would be better? Or even sending a file with the data?

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
#135335 10/11/05 06:58 PM
D
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
D
how would i do the output text?

Quote:
If you want a popup window, every user would have to use the script. Chances of getting them to do that are low in most cases. Perhaps having a text output would be better? Or even sending a file with the data?

Owner TOTALLY XTREME Radio Station
#TOTALLY-XTREME is on irc.p2p-irc.net
#135336 10/11/05 07:17 PM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
That is up to you... It can be in various formats (/notice, /msg). It can be all on a couple lines, or spread out over many lines. The formatting is completely up to you.

Beyond that, you need to know where you are getting the data. Is it in a text file? Is it on a website? Where is it? How is it formatted?

If it's a text file and you have it set up how you want it to be displayed, you could simply do:

Code:
on *:text:!schedule:#yourchan: {
  .play $nick schedule.txt 1500
}

Personally, if this is for your own "business" and you want to give out information to get people to show up or whatever the case may be, then you would probably be better off doing either:

a) Put up a website and when people type !schedule, it messages them the link to the schedule on the website. This lets you set up the information in a very nice way for people to view.

b) Set up a text file (or word document, or html file, or whatever) so that it looks really great and then when someone types !schedule, it will /dcc send the schedule to the person.

Either of those options lets you present the schedule in a much nicer-looking way than if you were to just use text (whether in a popup or just in the channel/query).

Invision Support
#135337 10/11/05 07:22 PM
D
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
D
well i do have website for the radio station
and i do agree when they type !scheduale i do want it go to the website, that i think it would be better
how would i do that? i want to go to that way with the scheduale to the website

Quote:
That is up to you... It can be in various formats (/notice, /msg). It can be all on a couple lines, or spread out over many lines. The formatting is completely up to you.

Beyond that, you need to know where you are getting the data. Is it in a text file? Is it on a website? Where is it? How is it formatted?

If it's a text file and you have it set up how you want it to be displayed, you could simply do:

Code:
  .play $nick schedule.txt 1500
}

Personally, if this is for your own "business" and you want to give out information to get people to show up or whatever the case may be, then you would probably be better off doing either:

a) Put up a website and when people type !schedule, it messages them the link to the schedule on the website. This lets you set up the information in a very nice way for people to view.

b) Set up a text file (or word document, or html file, or whatever) so that it looks really great and then when someone types !schedule, it will /dcc send the schedule to the person.

Either of those options lets you present the schedule in a much nicer-looking way than if you were to just use text (whether in a popup or just in the channel/query).

#135338 10/11/05 07:42 PM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
The best way is simply to msg the website address to them when they type !schedule:

Code:
  msg $nick View the schedule at http://www.yourhost.com/
}

Alternately, if you could get the visitors to use the script, you can just have THEM add this:

Code:
alias schedule {
  run http://www.yourhost.com/
}

Replace the website address in either one that you use. Also, replace #yourchan to be the name of your channel. For users who use the second one, they can use it by typing /schedule (/ instead of !).

Invision Support
#135339 10/11/05 08:05 PM
D
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
D
do i write this:

on *:text:!schedule:#yourchan: { msg $nick View the schedule at http://www.yourhost.com/}

in my remote or somewhere else?

Quote:
The best way is simply to msg the website address to them when they type !schedule:

Code:
  msg $nick View the schedule at http://www.yourhost.com/
}

Alternately, if you could get the visitors to use the script, you can just have THEM add this:

Code:
alias schedule {
  run http://www.yourhost.com/
}

Replace the website address in either one that you use. Also, replace #yourchan to be the name of your channel. For users who use the second one, they can use it by typing /schedule (/ instead of !).

#135340 10/11/05 08:20 PM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Yes, it goes in a new Remotes file... Alt-R > File > New.

Note that when you pasted that, there was not a space before the } ... make sure to put it into the remotes in the same way I posted it to prevent any possible problems.

Invision Support
#135341 10/11/05 09:18 PM
D
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
D
i tryed it and its not working at all, i dont know what is going on frown

Quote:
Yes, it goes in a new Remotes file... Alt-R > File > New.

Note that when you pasted that, there was not a space before the } ... make sure to put it into the remotes in the same way I posted it to prevent any possible problems.

#135342 10/11/05 09:42 PM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Are you trying to type it from the bot (where you put the script)? If so, you can't do that. on text doesn't trigger for your own text.

Also, like I said, make sure it's formatted like I had it and no spaces are missing and make sure that you changed #yourchan to the name of your channel.

Invision Support
#135343 10/11/05 09:45 PM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
or you could use /play $nick filename.speed

Code:

on *:text:!DJ:#yourchannel: {
play $nick dj-list.txt 1500
}

#135344 10/11/05 09:47 PM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Heh. Look at the 4th post (3rd reply). laugh

Invision Support
#135345 10/11/05 10:26 PM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
hmm, still why make it more complicated than it needs to be?

what did happen however was that I clicked to post but evidently didnt click the submit button.

Last edited by MikeChat; 10/11/05 10:28 PM.
#135346 10/11/05 10:38 PM
D
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
D
no i am not putting it on the bot, i am putting it on my own room
i would love to have the bot to do it but dont know

i may should just give up lol

#135347 11/11/05 12:31 AM
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
It would be best if you did put it on the bot. Note that the bot is a different installation of mIRC from the one that you use. The fact that it's in the room is irrelevant.

Likewise with my script that I posted in response to your other request.

#135348 11/11/05 03:34 PM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Your post makes me think that you are thinking of a bot as being chanserv or nickserv or Q or whatever other network bots might be around. When we say to put it on a bot, we're talking about a second copy of mIRC that is running that you're not normally typing on... it just sits in the channel and runs whatever scripts are needed.

Invision Support

Link Copied to Clipboard