Print Thread
K
Kobille Offline OP
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
K
Hi guys!!

I have been searching for help in this forum, but none thread helped me, so i'm asking you guys for help...

I cannot dcc send, but i can receive.
I cannot dcc chat, but i can chat if somebody asks me.

I'm using a SMC BARRICADE 7004VBR and mirc 5.91!
Lookup methood: normal
DCC Ports: 1024-4000

any ideas? need help.. please frown

greetings (and sorry for my english, it's because i'm from portugal..)

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
Call the SMC help desk. I've had to call them a few times for various problems with my Barricade router, which is the same version as yours. If you've lost the number for them, the toll free number is 1-800-SMC-4-YOU (1-800-762-4968)

K
Kobille Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Quote:
Call the SMC help desk. I've had to call them a few times for various problems with my Barricade router, which is the same version as yours. If you've lost the number for them, the toll free number is 1-800-SMC-4-YOU (1-800-762-4968)

Hey!!

thank you for your time!!... but i'm from portugal and that number doesn't help me very much... what did you need to do?

can you dcc send and dcc chat now? confused

greetz

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
I've not had any problems in that respect. The contact information that you need for Portugal is located at SMC Tech Support - Portugal

K
Kobille Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Quote:
I've not had any problems in that respect. The contact information that you need for Portugal is located at SMC Tech Support - Portugal

yeah...

if no one can help me with this... i'll phone them!!

thanks russelb!! wink

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D

K
Kobille Offline OP
OP Offline
K
hey...

i already tried that way i also open that ports in options -> dcc -> options but nothing...

should i put on server mode (enable DCC Server)?

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
try setting your ports to some number a bit smaller for a start 3990-4000, set the same in the router, turn off or configure the XP firewall or any 3rd party firewall u have.

K
Kobille Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Quote:
try setting your ports to some number a bit smaller for a start 3990-4000, set the same in the router, turn off or configure the XP firewall or any 3rd party firewall u have.

i have done that... but it didn't work...

i'm wondering if I should enable dcc server mode (MIRC->OPTIONS->DCC->SERVER) and if i should enable chat and send on that option :s

need heeeeeeelp blush

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
The way I look at it, is that you paid for the tech support option that SMC has available when you paid for your router, so why not use it. They would be the best people to contact for setting up the router correctly, and they'll take you through all the steps one at a time, as well as give you a number that you can use if there's further problems, so that the next tech can see just what was done previously.

I was having a damned hard time getting the ident port (113) to be accepted, and on one call (I think the longest) the timer on my phone showed that I'd been talking to them for nearly 3 hours, of which, less than 2 minutes was actually spent on hold waiting for a tech.

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
If i had to stay on the phone to tech support for 3 hours i would have tossed the router away, longest time i have spent was 15 mins, and that was to confirm the router was broken and the firmware couldnt be flashed to fix it.

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
LOL...I didn't realize that it had been that long until after I got off the phone. We were simply having a devil of a time getting my router to configure properly so that all the computers on the network I have here had the appropriate access...and considering it was early morning, my time (about 1 - 4 am), and I'm normally up at that hour anyways, it wasn't missing anything.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
After all that, you must really know how to configure every single small detail of that router. laugh

I hope I don't end up with problems when I move in 9 days and need to use a router for my fiancée's computer. Of course, my motherboard has a dual LAN built into it, specifically for connecting other computers through the same internet connection. I haven't tried it yet, so no idea how that works. (It's an ASUS A7N8X-Deluxe).

* Riamus crosses his fingers...

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
dont use your twin lan port and add ICS to the pc, all that does is put a strain on your pc, as it gets all the packets and has to pass them on as speced by your ICS routing instructions. Also seems to negate some level of firewalling ,ie IP's detected as portsweeping you and having there IP blocked, who then sweep forwarded ports were still able to access the forwarded ports reaching to another machine, this ment firewalls had to be installed on any machine with ports forwarded to them.
IE: the ICS got in below the firewall software.

A nice little router can eat up all them nasty scanners, and leave your CPU free to idle away the day at 92% instead of 87% smile

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Ah, I see. I'll have to look into an actual router, then. Oh well. It was just a bonus feature on the motherboard that I never thought I'd need anyhow. laugh

Thanks for pointing that out.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net

Link Copied to Clipboard