mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#134963 06/11/05 04:30 PM
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
Can someone help me with this?

I have been using MIRC for over 7 years now ........been running McAfee Virus protection for just as long and NEVER had a problem till today frown

I have tried different versions of MIRC installations to no avail..... I even disabled the virus scan.... installed MIRC.... when I run MIRC...it immediately detects a "Generic Component", Cleans it, And deletes the 'aliases.ini' file

HELP?

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
If your virus scan was disabled, then it shouldn't have been able to detect anything. This is a recent problem with McAfee, and is similar to the problem earlier reported here . Not much can be done until McAfee gets their anti-virus definitions updated. A temporary suggestion is to maintain a back-up copy of your aliases.ini file.

OP Offline
Thanks,

McAfee did not detect anything when it was disabled. It's with it enabled and MIRC is run, that Detects 'Generic Component' and delete the 'aliases.ini' file.

OP Offline

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Yeah, just saw this happen here today. I haven't checked at home yet. It appears from the information on that link that the problem is:

/ping /ctcp $$1 ping

Although I can't seem to duplicate this. I readded the file and it's not being deleted now. Hm...

Knowing McAfee, this will probably be fixed soon.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
M
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
M
McAfee is no good anti-virus scanner. I had so much bad experince and I tossed the software in the trash.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
To each his own. I've had very few problems in 15+ years of using McAfee. smile

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net

Link Copied to Clipboard