mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
G
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
G
Hi,

I'm a very recent convert to Mirc. From my brief history with it, Mirc is proving to be a very well-written and stable program for the most part. However, I'm missing a few *crucial* (to me) features which kept me on my previous IRC program (another OS), one of which is an Auto Nick Regain script/addon (this was built in as part of my ex-program). I've tried searching through the various Mirc script repositories but the nearest and most end-user-friendly offering I've found is Auto Regain Nick by SnakeEyes at

http://mircscripts.com/addons/6.0/autoregainnick.html

However, this script doesn't address my needs and I would really appreciate it if anyone here can help a non-coder. Basically, I'm frequent several networks with no nickserv (or equivalent) service so sometimes my usual nick (nick is different on each network) is already in use. What I'm looking for is a script/addon which can set a default nick for each different network and monitor all these different networks for nicks in use and 'regain' a nick for that particular network once it's 'freed up'. Preferably the nick for each network to be monitored and the time interval between checks could be set and saved by the user.

Does anyone know if such a script already exist or has anyone written something which can perform this function? I'd really appreciate for any help given.

Thanks and regards,

N
Babel fish
Babel fish
N
I'm willing to help, check my private message.

Link Copied to Clipboard