Print Thread
#134706 04/11/05 03:20 AM
C
coax Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
C
I like the idea of scripting features that appear to be a part of plain mirc, but aren't.
Non bloated features that compliment the program instead of bloating it.

So, I need some ideas for things I can script in that follow the aformentioned philosophy.
Obviously things like mp3 players, alarm clocks and rss aggregators are out of the question.

I'm talking tings like showing the fdull country name of the person n the whois, enhanced popup menus, maybe some raw events that halt text and gives more info than mirc normally gives out?

I'm not sure but there must be plenty of things one can do.

Any suggestions welcomed..

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Quote:

I like the idea of scripting features that appear to be a part of plain mirc, but aren't.

So do I, in fact that is one of the nicest things about mIRC

Quote:

Non bloated features that compliment the program instead of bloating it.

Nice thing about scripting is I can have what you might think of as bloat

Quote:

So, I need some ideas for things I can script in that follow the aformentioned philosophy.

See above

Quote:

Obviously things like mp3 players, alarm clocks and rss aggregators are out of the question.

Obviously this is not obvious, see the comment about bloat
I for one like that I can hear a song at the same time my friends do, just like being in the livingroom at a casual party
Quote:

I'm talking tings like showing the fdull country name of the person n the whois, enhanced popup menus, maybe some raw events that halt text and gives more info than mirc normally gives out?

I'm not sure but there must be plenty of things one can do.

Any suggestions welcomed..

well, go look at mircscripts.org

search google for mirc scripts

best of all open mIRC's help file and dig in. laugh

Link Copied to Clipboard