mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
B
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
B
Does mIRC support anyway for keystrokes to be sent to individual processes or programs? I've searched through the command lists, help docs, and now these forums, and I've seen websites getting parsed, etc, so I know it works one way, but does it go the other way?

/write is the closest thing I've come up with, and that's not really what I was looking for.

Thanks a bunch!
-Blue

R
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
R
Could you give an example of what you *want* to do?

K
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
K
It'sprobably not what you wanted, but qwerty's sendkeys alias can send keystrokes to your computer, so when you type this in some editbox

/sendkeys %{TAB}{F6}www.mirc.com

it would change to your browser if you've got one active, and type a great url in the address bar. You don't really want such things in a script though, especially not with remote triggers.

ps: yes, I deliberately left out the {ENTER} in the example above
ps2: in a script use sendkeys % $+ {TAB}{F6}www.mirc.com

B
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
B
I'd like to remotely send keystrokes to processes on other computers via mIRC.

So, say I've got 3 computers sitting side-by-side, and they've all got mIRC clients running. I want to be able to, in a private room, issue a command like !Attack, and they'll all send keystrokes to process X, which I identify.

B
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
B
Is that possible or do I need to present a more detailed description?

K
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
K
The remote part is easy:
on *¨:TEXT:!attack:#yourprivatechannel:{
; do your attacking and keysending stuff here
}

The problem is either using sendkeys or vbscript or AutoIt or something to activate the other window and sending it the appropriate keystrokes. That's difficult to help with without knowing what it's about...

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
What character is this: ¨ ? smile

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
K
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
K
It's the one right above ^ on my keyboard, so it's the correct key. It's the shift key that jumped in and messed it up crazy

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
What language keyboard do you use? My ^ is above my 6... and nothing is above that. laugh

Invision Support
K
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
K
Belgian (period) is the actual layout, but it's about the same as the French layout shown here...

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Interesting. There must be some kind of function key or something that does the third character, I suppose. smile

Invision Support
K
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
K
The right Alt is not Alt, it's 'Alt Gr' which stands for Alternate Graphics, but noone really knows/cares. That gives you the bottom right symbols. It is or should be the same as pressing both Ctrl and Alt, so there's a reason why you don't find many (any) ctrl-alt-x shortcuts in Windows, while ctrl-shift-x etc are used here and there...

For example Alt Gr + < gives \, e -> €, é -> @, ç -> {, ^ -> [

Ofcourse I regularly use the qwerty layout on this keyboard too, for a number of games, clean boot disks, linux livecd's, ... After the 100th time you kinda know both layouts by heart. The problem is switching between them, once or twice a day is no problem, every 5 minutes causes your brain to explode wink
Some games even use a different layout for setting keys in the menu and actually playing. Nothing as fun as binding an action to 'a' when you want to use the 'q' ingame shocked smile

Good thing that this thread has something to do with keystrokes grin

B
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
B
Quote:
The remote part is easy:
on *¨:TEXT:!attack:#yourprivatechannel:{
; do your attacking and keysending stuff here
}

The problem is either using sendkeys or vbscript or AutoIt or something to activate the other window and sending it the appropriate keystrokes. That's difficult to help with without knowing what it's about...

SendKeys and AutoIt are plugins or 3rd party programs or what?

Link Copied to Clipboard