Print Thread
#133478 21/10/05 04:07 AM
B
Bdwy Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
B
I recently changed from dialup to a DSL line, and since that I have been unable to send any files using DCC, though I have no problem receiving. What might cause this problem, and is there any solution.

D
Babel fish
Babel fish
D
Is this DSL connection coming through a router?

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
DSL modems sometimes have a router built into them, and sometimes the DSL install software also installs antivirus and/or firewall software on your computer. Any of the three can block you from sending. You should look into http://www.portforward.com/ for help forwarding ports and also look at the firewall/router sticky topics for more info.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
Z
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
Z
Here is what I did after changing to a Microsoft MN-500 router and Westell DSL modem with Verizon in PA to dcc send. Running XP & ME on two different machines also SP2 Mcafee firewall on - no windows firewall.

All persistant port forwarding in the router management tool
113 to 113 identd
1024-5000 dcc ports
59 dcc server
8000-9000 dcc ports
6666-7000 connection ports <--this really did the trick and ultra fast now after tuning up RWIN with DrTcp

Z
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
Z
With DSL I know with verizon you have to setup your wan in the router for PPPoE otherwise no matter how you setup port forwarding you wont dcc send.

Z
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
Z
Another problem i have found with dcc send is that in your router if you have dynamic ip address it wont dcc. Verizon uses PPPoE for connection. Mine reverted back somehow to dynamic and I could not dcc even after setting up persistant port forwarding I changed it back to PPPoE and whalla Identd recognition is back and can dcc send in mirc. laugh

Link Copied to Clipboard