mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
N
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
N
currently somewhere in the script i am using there is a command that i turned on (somehow) that sets mode +o for a user who enters my chan
i would like to know however how do i make my script set mode +q for a user who joins? i have been looking everywhere for info on this but nothing has came up...
thanx for the help

S
Babel fish
Babel fish
S
why dont u just add them in 2 chan server then u dont have 2 be in room 4 them 2 get status
add this in 2 popups in nick list
Code:

n75=ChanServ
n76=.SOP
n77=..Add: /msg chanserv SOP $chan ADD $$1
n78=..Del: /msg chanserv SOP $chan DEL $$1
n79=..List: /msg chanserv SOP $chan LIST
n80=..clear: /msg chanserv SOP $chan clear
n81=.AOP
n82=..Add: /msg chanserv AOP $chan ADD $$1
n83=..Del: /msg chanserv AOP $chan DEL $$1
n84=..List: /msg chanserv AOP $chan LIST
n85=..clear: /msg chanserv AOP $chan clear
n86=.HOP
n87=..Add: /msg chanserv Hop $chan ADD $$1
n88=..Del: /msg chanserv Hop $chan DEL $$1
n89=..List: /msg chanserv HOP $chan LIST
n90=..clear: /msg chanserv HOP $chan clear
n91=.VOP
n92=..Add: /msg chanserv VOP $chan ADD $$1
n93=..Del: /msg chanserv VOP $chan DEL $$1
n94=..List: /msg chanserv VOP $chan LIST
n95=..clear: /msg chanserv VOP $chan clear

u will have 2 take out the n90=
if u put in editor or you can put that code in your popups ini file in mirc under [lpopup] thats nick list

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
What u just asked is like ringing up the power company and saying "I brought a electrical appliences at a store, and the clock is set to 24 hour mode, i want to know how to set it to am/pm mode", do you really think they can help you? there going to say "go ask the store it came from, we just supply the juice that makes it run, we dont deal with every last applience", let alone the fact you dont even tell them what the goods were, clock, dvd, nukebomb detenator, could be anything.

N
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
N
ok obviously my question wasnt defined enough
when i type /mode +q nick it gives the nick i type in a ~ i want my script to auto do that when a person enters the chan.. only certain people enter the room anyway and i want everyone equal.

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Well on unreal ~ stands for channelowner and there can be only one channel owner therefor you cannot add +q's to chanserv stickydank

on *:join:#channel: { mode $chan +q $nick }

change #channel . smirk

$maybe
N
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
N
that didnt work mpdreamz

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
While you can't have more than one person as owner (+q), if you are the owner you can remove ownership status from yourself with /mode <channel> -q <nick>

On some networks the <nick> parameter isn't required, and on some you can use /cs deowner <channel>

By using a script that ops when a person joins the channel, along with whichever works for you, will effectively give everyone equal status.

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
i know, +q is an odd geezer. Some networks allow you to put mode # +q nick to non owners some dont. smirk

$maybe
N
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
N
well the server i am using allows me to give everyone in the channel a ~ if i want to but chanserv will only auto do it up to sop so the other i have to manually type in i just dont wanna keep typing it in i want my script to do it for me...its been hard figuring this out

H
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
H
Yeah. However, dont confuse the server with ChanServ. I am very familar with Unreal, and Anope. And anope will not let you have more than 1 people set with owner access, without a 3rd party mod. Of course, if you knew the chan pass, you could identify and owner yourself. However, Unreal will allow multiple owner in a chan at once. Simply /mode #chan +q <nick> should work fine. I'm not directing this to anyone specifically, I just thought i'd try and clear up a few things, since it seems NeroWolf is confused.

Code:
on @*:join:[color:blue]#chan[/color]:/mode $chan +q $nick

**Just like Mpdreamz's code, it should work. Make sure you replace the #chan with the real channel name, and you should be fine

-- HAMM3R (aka: alhammer)
http://www.HAMM3R.net
I
Babel fish
Babel fish
I
dunno if this is what your looking for

add this in popup menu nicklist

» ownerlisted:.auser ownerlisted $1
» Remove ownerlisted:.ruser ownerlisted $1

add this in your remote

On *:join:#: { if (ownerlisted isin $level($nick)) { mode # +q $nick }
}

edite: just make shore the person you auto owner uses a registerd nick

Last edited by ik000ike; 21/10/05 04:00 PM.
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
thats exactly what i meant you cant chanserv ~ some 1 but only trough /mode
thats why i used it in my code smirk i figured since he wanted to auto=owner he was a owner himself in the channel, shouldnt asume in mircscript lol.

$maybe

Link Copied to Clipboard