mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
N
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
N
I've written an alis to do this already just wondering if it's possible to do this using regex? I've tried the following but it only strips one occurrence:

Code:
//var %reg = (\w+\b)\s | echo -a $regsub(test blah test this is a test,%reg,$chr(32),%var) | echo -a %var

Output

blah test this is a test

H
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
H
Remove occurences of what? smile

- hantu
N
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
N
Words. Words appearing more than once in a string.

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
use the /g option so it replaces all the matches in the string

$maybe
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
Indeed, and grep's should always be surrounded by //'s in mirc scripting

var %reg = /(\w+\b)\s/g

"Allen is having a small problem and needs help adjusting his attitude" - Flutterby
S
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
S
This alias removes words closer to the beginning of the string if they already exist as words further on:

Code:
remrpts var %i | return $(,,$regsub($1,/(?:^| )([^ ]+)(?= )(?=.* \1(?: |$))/gs,,%i)) %i

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Nice usage of $eval, I'll remember that one. Much preferable over $null which can be overriden by a scripted version, unlike $()

Gone.
Q
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Q
Nice indeed smile Shorter and a tiny bit faster than !.echo -q (although the difference is really really small, almost immeasurable. The identifier call overhead seems to almost match up with the one of the extra command). Definitely gonna use it.

$() is weird, you can find other little oddities if you play with it. So far the only one I'm probably going to use is $(,stuff) which is the same as $(stuff,2) , only a tiny bit faster. Oh and I believe you know about $(stuff,) already (which is the same as $(stuff,0)).

/.timerQ 1 0 echo /.timerQ 1 0 $timer(Q).com
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Quote:
So far the only one I'm probably going to use is $(,stuff) which is the same as $(stuff,2) , only a tiny bit faster. Oh and I believe you know about $(stuff,) already (which is the same as $(stuff,0)).

I didn't know about $(,stuff) being $(stuff,2)

Yes, I've used the $(stuff,) one heavily when passing code to scon, although nowadays, I try to steer away from passing code to scon in that way. Too many people, who are unaware of the dangers etc. copy the code, modify it, and then come back complaining that it doesn't work :tongue:

Btw I would reckon multiple identifiers have this sort of behaviour as what Sigh_ did, check out:

//echo -a $time(,$regex(b,(.))) $regml(1)

Another thing I only found out recently is that if you have a scripted version for an identifer like:

alias me return lol

You can make it return the scripted version by putting $me(), instead of doing $.me or $/me etc
But I'm guessing you already knew that anyway :tongue:

Last edited by FiberOPtics; 18/10/05 01:36 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard