mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#132620 12/10/05 11:13 PM
S
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
S
Is it possible to have a timer that's network specific? It's troublesome trying to get things to work when it's server specific :\

#132621 12/10/05 11:24 PM
S
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
S
Code:
alias specifictimer {
  if ([color:red]server[/color] isin $server) { timer 1 1 do-something-here }
  if ([color:red]server2[/color] isin $server) { timer 1 1 do-something-else-on-another-server }
}

For example if you are connected to irc.quakenet.org you replace server with quakenet. You can also use $network in place of $server if you wish. It should work either way. Then do /specifictimer to start the timer

Here's a version that's easier for on the fly timers..

Code:
alias stimer1 {
  if ([color:red]server[/color] isin $server) { timer $1 $2 $3- }
}

alias stimer2 {
  if ([color:red]server2[/color] isin $server) { timer $1 $2 $3- }
}

Useage for network 1:
/stimer1 <#> <#> <commands-to-execute>

Useage for network 2:
/stimer2 <#> <#> <commands-to-execute>

Basically the same as the regular /timer but with an s at the front, and a number to determine which server to do the timer on.

If you need further help, just post here again.

Last edited by schaefer31; 12/10/05 11:44 PM.
#132622 13/10/05 01:04 PM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
That's not really what he wanted, and I think you're looking for $network instead of $server.

If you want to make timer that's network-specific to keep things sorted out, you could name it with the name in the timer name...

//timer $+ $network $+ .announcement 0 600 echo -a This is my 10 minute ad.

If you were on Undernet, the timer name would be Undernet.announcement

Then, if you were on Efnet, it would be Efnet.announcement

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
#132623 14/10/05 05:16 AM
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
All timers are network specific by default, they are assigned to the network in which you started them (either by command of as a result of a called event or alias). If you are working with some sort of on connect thing to start different timers on different networks by all means an if ($network == ??) will work. If you wish to start multiple timers from one event/alias to run on different networks you can use the scon/scid etc commands.

Example: net2cid is a snippet i use in order to get a cid from a network name (as returned by $network, not $server). scid $net2cid() will change the active cid to that of the specified network name, replace NETWORKX with the network names. scid -r returns the active scid back to that which called the event/alias/etc so the msg is sent to the correct location. Note: coded during post so untested but should work.

Code:
on *:text:!starttimers:*: {
  scid $net2cid(NETWORK1)
  .timer 10 1 echo -s One second timer on $!network
  scid $net2cid(NETWORK2)
  .timer 5 2 /myalias bla test
  scid -r
  msg $target Timers started.
}
alias myalias { echo -s Two second timer :: $1- }
alias net2cid {
  var %x = $scon(0), %y = 0
  while (%y &lt;= %x) {
    if ($scon(%y).network == $1) {
      return $scon(%y)
    }
    inc %y
  }
}

"Allen is having a small problem and needs help adjusting his attitude" - Flutterby
#132624 14/10/05 12:26 PM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
One small note regarding your net2cid alias: you're initiating the loop at %y = 0, which will cause there to be an extra iteration, since there's no network with "cid = 0". Putting it at %y = 1 will prevent that.

Aside from that, it's a shame that many people don't use it more often, it should be used in any kind of multiserver script where people need to find out the cid based on a server.

You could expand it to use $prop, so that you could specify $net2cid(<string>).network or $net2cid(<string>).server

To make it even more complete you could give support for looking if you're on a channel on a certain server/network, as many people use multiserver commands to relay text from one channel on one network, to another channel on another network. Something like $net2cid(<string>,[channel]).[network|server]

Anyway they're just suggestions...

Gone.
#132625 14/10/05 01:29 PM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Not sure if you meant to reply to me, Om3n... smile

If so, I was just showing how to name the timers so that you can tell the difference between each network's timers when being created through a script. From the wording, it seems to me that he wanted a way to have each timer set from a script to be based named whatever the network was. Maybe I'm wrong.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
#132626 14/10/05 08:47 PM
S
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
S
Sorry for not replying earlier yesterday. I was a bit busy, so I couldn't tell you of my scid idea ^^
Mine uses the idea of a scid in the timer. For the curious, here:
Code:
on *:connect:{
  set $+(%,$network,.connection) $cid
}
alias stimer scid $($+(%,$1,.connection),2) //.timer $+ $2 $3 $4 $5-

#132627 15/10/05 02:47 AM
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
Indeed it should be 1 not 0, setting while loop variables to 0 by default is kind of a habbit for most people i think smile

Good suggestions, that little alias was probably the first thing i wrote when the scid/scon stuff was introduced, will bookmark the thread and work on it when i have a little time and mirc handy.

Raimus2, wasn't directed specifically at you, just can never be bothered scrolling back up to hit the correct reply button.

"Allen is having a small problem and needs help adjusting his attitude" - Flutterby
#132628 16/10/05 05:58 AM
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
Hmm, just to clarify your suggestions, is this how you were suggestion the properties work...

$net2cid(irc.prison.net).network -> return EFnet if you are on irc.prison.net (which is an efnet server) else return null even if you are on efnet but not that particular server.
$net2cid(efnet).server -> return irc.prison.net (or other server) if you are on efnet, else return null.
If no prop is specified, it should work with both server and network strings, and return the cid.
if something like $net2cid(efnet).network is used, should prop be ignored?

Edit :: on second though, i suppose it should work exactly as $scon().prop does, in which case all it needs is a simple "if ($prop)" with no restriction on the prop you can use

Last edited by Om3n; 16/10/05 06:19 AM.

Link Copied to Clipboard