mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#132358 10/10/05 01:22 AM
T
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
T
The reason for this suggestion can be explained in my previous post "/windows -o bug" in the Bug Reports.

I would like to see a switch to make the titlebar of a dialog dissappear (so... a dialog window without a titlebar :P ).

It would be good for making tooltips and having the tooltip follow the mouse while the mouse is still withing the $did. I tried doing what i did with /window but using /dialog and there was no "drawing effect" laugh (described in "/windows -o bug") but it was always behind the dialog that i wanted to mak the tool tip FOR. And I would prefer to not make it "-do" ... i don't want to see the taskbar button.

Or maybe some other kind of low memory special window (like... /tooltip grin ) so that tooltips can be made (static or following the mouse) without drawing effects or -o problems.

Hope to see someting to that effect in the next release laugh

TheArkive

#132359 10/10/05 02:47 AM
T
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
T
I just realized that /dialog -a would be quite an asset to making a tooltip by using dialogs... but getting rid of the title bar would still be nice grin

TheArkive

#132360 10/10/05 08:38 AM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
dialog -a is already taken
you can use -v to activate the dialog smile

this is something i cooked up for some1 a while ago might help you too.
Code:
on *:dialog:mp3:sclick:1:{
  if ($did == 1) {
    ;setting the width to the text of the id if there is text if not it will set it to default 200
    var %width = $iif($did(1,$did(1).sel),$width($did(1,$did(1).sel),tahoma,10),200)
    window -pBdo +d @@ $calc($mouse.dx +2) $calc($mouse.dy +2) %width 20
    clear @@    
    drawrect -nr @@ $rgb(0,0,0) 1 0 0 %width 20
    if ($did($dname,1).seltext != $null) drawtext -pnr @@ 0 tahoma 10 7 3  4.::2 $gettok($did($dname,1).seltext,6,32) 4::. $chr(160) Size : $gettok($did($dname,1).seltext,-2,32) mb
    if ($did($dname,1).seltext == $null) drawtext -pnr @@ 0 tahoma 10 10 3 No Such song in playlist
    drawdot @@
    dialog -v mp3 mp3

}
}

on *:dialog:mp3:mouse:*:{
  if ($did != 1) window -c @@ 
}

this uses on click in alist but you can use the same principle for on mouse on a control

$maybe
#132361 10/10/05 05:33 PM
T
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
T
Cool man thanks smile ... I haddn't though t about making it "on click" ... although I did try "on rclick" ... frown not too easy in a dialog's edit box or a combo box ...

Oh and just to clarify, I knew that -a was taken :tongue: ... I just meant to use it to keep the "tooltip dialog" on top ... although shortly after I posted that msg i tried clicking on the parent dialog and ... low and behold... the tooldip went down under mad ... again...

But thanks though, I can defenantly use that idea ... much appreciated ...

TheArkive

Link Copied to Clipboard