mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
O
Othello Offline OP
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
O
As we all know the biggest problem with mIRC is people sending unwanted files and/or unwanted virus files. AVG is offering a AVG Free Edition. Like most anti virus programs there is a command line to use in some programs to auto scan files being downloaded. AVG offers this same feature using the /SE %1 switch.

I guess if this feature is not added someone could make a script to do the same thing, scan files as they are being downloaded.

Right now I wrote a script to disable the DCC option in mirc for 45 sec after I join a channel. But with these new Trojan Virus Bots they send files to everyone in the channel and not just on join of a channel.

Intelligence: It's better to ask a stupid question, then to prove it by not asking....
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
I don't understand what you're referring to for the actual suggestion. A good anti-virus program will monitor all incoming files, no matter how they were transferred, and, as you noted, others have a switch to allow compatabiltiy. That switch would have to be in the anti-virus program, not mIRC.

Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
What is your suggestion exactly? It would take one line of code using the on get event to send a msg to your avg to scan the file.

"Allen is having a small problem and needs help adjusting his attitude" - Flutterby
D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
I assume u ment ON FILESENT, but even that isnt needed, as mirc specifcily allows users to call an aplication apon a file download, so he wouldnt even need code. smile

O
Othello Offline OP
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
O
What I am suggesting is to have the option in mirc to access a antivirus program to auto scan a download after it completes
because there are allot of people and kids who surf mIRC who will not scan a file for a virus. Thats how so many people or kids get there computers infected.

I realize I could make a script to do the same thing on reciet of a download but to have the option would be easer then sending someone a script and asking them to install it.

Intelligence: It's better to ask a stupid question, then to prove it by not asking....
M
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
M
The ability is already there.

options > dcc > folders

double click an item in the list
click the button under and then open them with this application
browse for your av executable

or in the box under or perform this command on them
enter run path\file.exe with your switch.

O
Othello Offline OP
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
O
Great.... I have added my path to the antivirus program
Code:
  [color:red]  C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Free\avgw.exe /SE %1 

I have manuelly sent myself a virus from another copy of mirc and the settings above do not work. This is the error message I recieved [color:blue] »»» Error: Unknown Command (C:\PROGRAM)

When I edit the command to this "C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Free\avgw.exe /SE %1"
Mirc can not find the path to my anti virus program

Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
"C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Free\avgw.exe" /SE $1-
According to mirc help in this option $1- refers to the filename. Any like any shortcut i believe the flags must be outside of the quoted path.

"Allen is having a small problem and needs help adjusting his attitude" - Flutterby
O
Othello Offline OP
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
O
I have gone into mirc options - Dcc - Folders
I have highlighted the Default download folder
then clicked on Edit to access the DCC Get Folder Options
when I put [color:blue]"C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Free\avgw.exe" /SE $1- [color:black] in the "Orperform this command on them"
I get this error message [color:red] [color:blue]»»» Error: Unknown Command ("C:\PROGRAM) [color:black]
If I set the "And then Open them with this application:" and set the path to avgw.exe without the /SE $1-
I can not add /SE $1- to the perform this Command on them:

H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
For the perform this command option you have to supply a mIRC command, so use /run:

Code:
run "C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Free\avgw.exe" /SE $1-

O
Othello Offline OP
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
O
I have written this code to run the AVG and when it recieves a file it will start up the program. and scans the files as they are completed.

Code:
  [color:red] 
on *:FILERCVD:*: {
  //run "C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Free\AVGSCAN.EXE" $getdir
}
 [/color]  

I am not sure why it will not work in mirc Options - Dcc - Folders in the Or perform this command on them: It will not let me put this command in the box //run "C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Free\AVGSCAN.EXE" $getdir

If I put this command in the box "C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Free\AVGSCAN.EXE"

I get this message »»» Error: Unknown Command ("C:\PROGRAM)

If I use the And then Open with this application it will not scan the file that was just downloaded

I guess, I posted in the wrong forum. Maybe it should be in the bug report forum.

Link Copied to Clipboard