Print Thread
#1318 12/12/02 08:17 AM
N
nevy Offline OP
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
N
I'm unable to DCC send, but I can recieve - I've tried DCC sending several different people and it seems like nobody can recieve from me. On my end it says connection timed out - on their end it says: unable to connect. It used to be that when this happenned, the server lookup settings were set wrong in mIRC options, but it doesn't mean a thing now. I know it's something unique to this particular machine, because I have another machine on the same cable modem (both machines connect via a hub) that works fine...both miRC installations are identical. no firewalls or routers to worry about - a simple cable connection to a server. I've even got the same network cards and drivers installed on both machines! Any help?
Thanks in advance!
-Nevy

#1319 12/12/02 10:11 AM
S
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
S
You need a hub that handles DHCP, NAT, and Port forwarding. If you've got two machines plugged into your hub, it probably does this. What you'll need to do is configure it to forward a range of ports to the IP of the machine that can't DCC Send, and configure that installation of mIRC to use those ports in alt+o | DCC | Options - DCC Ports.

Link Copied to Clipboard