mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#131304 28/09/05 04:55 AM
L
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
L
1.)How do I make an alias to sort through all the names in all the channels and bring out the ones with most comchans? I have an alias that does a /commonname #chan1 #chan2 #chan3 etc, and it brings out the common users that are in all the channels selected. How do I reverse that and bring out the users that are in the most common channels. For example:

1.nick1 is in 10 channels as you are in. (chan1...chan10)
2.nick1, nick2 is in 8 channels as you are in (chan1...chan8)

I think the top 3 are enough.

2.)I have lock enabled in my mirc. So, when I press the Ctrl key while minimizing, and when I maximize my mirc, it popups up a window asking for my password. Type it in wrong, and it tells you to type it again. Can I get an error counter for that? (Only if you miss).

3.)I'm trying to get color in my timestamp, however, I tried adding in <ctrlK>0N's in my alt o options, and it won't count them as colors. Some form of $chr(?)? Are my only options /timestamp? Because then my remotes would have to be on for it to work 24/7 to see color and sometimes I /r off for various reasons.

4.)If someone floods, but repeats, can you get mirc to halt the repeat only and after the flood is finished, it /echo's out how many lines of repeat flooded out?

<lamer> repeat flood (15 times)
lamer flooded "repeat flood" x amount of times in total of x seconds.

But only for repeat floods, not flooding floods.

Thanks.

#131305 28/09/05 05:59 AM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
/help $comchan

#131306 28/09/05 07:58 AM
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
2.) I do not think there is any type of trigger or event for incorrect password attempts, so unfortunately i dont think it is possible for mirc to keep track of these in some kind of script.

3.) Timestamp colors are determined by the type of event the line being output is, and they are changable in the mIRC Colors dialog box (the crayons icon in toolbar). Timestamp colors for for events such at joins parts quits modes notices and so on displayed in the respective colors set in mirc colors. The Normal Text color option is what mirc uses for general chit chat, both the timestamp for the line and the text displayed.

There is no way to overide this without scripts, identifiers and codes can not be used in the timestamp options box, any charactor that does not represent an element in the $asctime format discription is treated as plain text. If it was even possible to enter codes in the timestamp box they would still not be able to be used because mircs main settings are saved to an ini file, ini files do not support control codes.

"Allen is having a small problem and needs help adjusting his attitude" - Flutterby
#131307 28/09/05 09:25 AM
K
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
K
Yes, you cannot type colors in the options dialog, but you can just type
/timestamp -f ctrl-k4HHctrl-k1nn
in an editbox. More, if you type something like this in a remotes file, you can have it also the next time mIRC starts, since the ini file strips the colors back out...
on *:START:timestamp -f 15ddHHnnss

#131308 28/09/05 12:07 PM
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
Nice work around smile

"Allen is having a small problem and needs help adjusting his attitude" - Flutterby
#131309 28/09/05 04:38 PM
L
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
L
Yea I'm trying to get my timestamp multicolored so using the editbox is no use to me. I'm going to go with Kelder's /timestamp command.

Link Copied to Clipboard