mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
H
horsie Offline OP
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
H
Someone I trade files with has his manual DCC sends go much faster than his script-served DCC sends. Not sure about everybody else I know.

Sends have worked this way for his whole serving career. Assuming this isn't an issue with his Omenserve settings (the script he is using) is there any reason this is caused by mIRC? Perhaps it's an issue with the way the Omenserve script interfaces with mIRC?

Last edited by horsie; 27/09/05 12:54 AM.
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
I can only think that it's something to do with the OmenServe script. I'm not familiar with it, so I can't say for sure, but I can't think of anything that could be set via a script that would make a DCC send go faster when being sent via script, rather than manually,with the obvious exception of the fact that doing it manually means that someone has to manually issue the send command, as via script, the command would go almost instantaneously.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Actually, he said it's faster without the script. smile

I'd say it is a problem with the script. Both should be issuing the same command: /dcc send nick filename. The script could limit speeds per send so other sends can go out, as an example of why a script would be slower.

In either case, FTP is usually faster than any DCC method and more reliable.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Have your friend go to Options .. DCC .. FServe .. and change the Total Max. Cps to 0 (zero).
See if that helps.

I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed person. wink
D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
I would say it is almost certianly that the script is setting a speed limit on the sends, something mirc allows to be done.

However one other thing i have seen , is if you have a fast send 100's of K a second and your script is often processing things, so is momentarly delayed, the sending of files are not on a sperate thread, so untell the script completes what ever it might be doing, any continuing of the send is paused, assume that the script might have a ON TEXT and its an active channel say 3 lines a second, and each line takes .1 second to process (not unfair to say if its xdccklipper running on a slower machine), then for .3 of a second there can be no send, this sometimes well mean there is a delay before the next block of data is sent, maybe reducing a send from say 150K/s to 120K/s, the smaller the send size the harder it is to see any change of course.
This however would effect sends manually started if the script was running, Im not sure by your message if u ment his manual sends went fatser than his scripted sends that were going at the same time, or if u ment if he doesnt have the script installed his sends are faster.

Link Copied to Clipboard