mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#131061 24/09/05 07:55 PM
M
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
M
Not sure if this has been suggested, or if i'm wrong and that it can be done, i was just messing around and realised in the editor then the option for "Listen" it would be good if you could turn them off on one server and have them on for another network, etc, basically multiserver support for that.

#131062 02/10/05 05:04 AM
S
Babel fish
Babel fish
S
(Khaled feel free to smack me on this if im wrong)

That would likely cause the scripting engin to spawn a new instence of itself for each and every server you connect to. so for every server you use, you need to load all your scripts again, aswell as any dll's, ontop of the engin core itself. My script currently runs on the lighter side of 12 megs when connected to 4 networks and a half a dozzen chans on each network. if it hadto respawn for every network, it would prolly run in the 40 meg bloatware class...

I simple way around that is to just write your scripts to be aware of what networks events come from.

#131063 02/10/05 11:05 AM
K
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
K
Maybe a
network DalNet,EFNet {
; script stuff like
on *:TEXT:!network:*:msg $target network is either DalNet or EFNet

}
directive around certain network-specific code can solve this too?

Another, more extensive change might be an extra field in triggers, but that might give too many compatibility issues or just parsing problems if the old format is still allowed.
on *:TEXT:text:#channel:network1,network2: {
; script stuff
}

#131064 02/10/05 11:25 AM
Sat Offline
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Quote:
That would likely cause the scripting engin to spawn a new instence of itself for each and every server you connect to.

No, it won't.

Saturn, QuakeNet staff
#131065 02/10/05 11:48 AM
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
It would require nothing more than a quick internal check to see if something is enabled for that network or not, and then proceed to process or not depending on that result. Something like this would infact just be a more efficient method than having 'if ($network == bla)' in every script.

"Allen is having a small problem and needs help adjusting his attitude" - Flutterby

Link Copied to Clipboard