Print Thread
#130993 24/09/05 06:45 AM
L
lemme Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
L
Ok, i've been on line for a long time, and i never use to have a problem with the length of my posts, but now if i talk to much, it seems the end is usually being cut off about 20 characters before my mIRC notifies me........how do i change this? i've looked i've tried.......i don't know what to do.......please help

#130994 24/09/05 07:44 AM
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
mIRC notifies you that your post is too long? There've been times I've wished I'd had that ability. Would've saved me from having to ask where my post to the channel was cut off.

#130995 24/09/05 03:18 PM
L
lemme Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
L
Options - sounds - Beep On - Message while in Buffer

This is where to set the "Beep" but i want to know where to change the length it allows.......Anyone?

#130996 26/09/05 01:33 PM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
The length is internal. Most likely, your network has a small line length compared to normal, so the network is cutting the line even if mIRC says it's not too long.

Here's a script to do it for you:

Code:
on *:start: {
    timerCheckEditLine 0 1 CheckEditLine
}

alias CheckEditLine {
  if (%EditLineLength != $len($editbox($active))) {
    set %EditLineLength $len($editbox($active))
    if ($len($editbox($active)) > [color:red]150[/color]) Beep
  }
}

You can then edit the red 150 to the length you want. I don't know of a way to check if you type something without pressing enter, but this will check to see your line length every second, so it won't beep every time you press a key over the number of letters, but it will beep each second if you've typed another letter over the limit. Note that you may want to choose another sound than beep... you can use splay soundname.wav instead of beep if you want to use another sound.

Also, I know you can get data about what a server supports (such as $modespl), but I'm not sure if there's a way to get the server's line length value. If there is, you could just replace the 150 with that identifier (or perhaps that identifier minus 5 or something).

One thing to remember... if you type really fast, you could type 5+ letters in a second and since this beeps only once per second, you could end up over the limit by more than 1 letter before it beeps. So, set the number to less than the maximum line length... maybe 10 less or so. Also note that if you are typing an ECHO line in the edit box, that it counts the entire line length (including /echo), so it could beep at you while you still have space left over for the actual /echo line.

Here's an example if you have "1" as the limit:

H
(no beep)

1 second later:
Hi
(beep once)

1 second later many letters at once:
High
(beep once)

1 second later (no change):
High
(no beep)

1 second later (removing a letter):
Hig
(beep once)

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
#130997 29/09/05 01:44 PM
L
lemme Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
L
Thank You SOOOOOOOOOOO much, this really works well, i do type fast, but i've set it about 20 before where it cuts off. This way i should have lots of room before it starts.

Thank you thank you thank you!!!!!

#130998 29/09/05 01:58 PM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Glad it worked for you. laugh

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net

Link Copied to Clipboard