mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
A
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
A
I have been banned from this particular network. I didnt actually do anything wrong other than defend myself against the abuses of an IRCop who offended me by calling him a creep and a pervert. He told me to use my artificial Christmas tree as a buttplug!!! Is this legal? What can I do about it? I need a little help dealing with this individual or group of individuals.

Khalad do you read these messages?

Last edited by angelkiss; 25/02/03 03:35 PM.
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
Each IRC network is it's own individual organisation, neither Khaled nor anyone else other than the admins of that server have any control over what goes on there. It's perfectly legal for them to ban you from that network, there's really very little you can do except contact the admins of the network and explain what happened. Chances are that they will side with the IRCOp. I'd recommend simply switching to a new network.

Spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, and stupid comments are intentional.
A
OP Offline
A
But I have friends there!!!! I dont want to change networks!

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
He told me to use my artificial Christmas tree as a buttplug!!! Is this legal?

LOL! Well, I oper on a friendly network. I do suggest you consider Starbuck's advice though. Take your mates with you too, it's obvious that they just want to make life hard for you, it being their server, well, there's no law against it - IRC is a privilege. grin

As for the comment you quoted, well, I suppose that oper has probably done the same thing himself and feels embarrassed about being the only one to try it so far.

A
OP Offline
A
they wont come! they have other friends there too! But thank you for the invite. blush)

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
One other thing too - Khaled won't help. Not because he doesn't want to but because he can't. Khaled doesn't run an IRC network and has as much say in you being harassed as you do, which, it seems, ain't much.

If you are desperate to stay then, after they remove your ban, change your nick, email address settting, user id setting, full name setting, etc and then log back in and lie low. It's the best you can hope for by the sounds of things.

A
OP Offline
A
I've tried EVERYTHING! I use a proxy got a new email address changed the name on my computer my nick my options.... i've gone through a hundred proxy servers. she finds me every time!!! she must have a proxy bot. when she isnt locating me, the bot disconnects me every 5-10 mins. This sis NOT fun! IRC is suppose to be fun!!!

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
This [is] NOT fun! IRC is [supposed] to be fun!!!

I agree but on some networks people do abuse their authority. There's nothing that I or anyone else can do about it though.

1. Find a new network.
2. Take your mates and their mates.
3. Make yourself at home in a new channel.
4. Have fun.

A
OP Offline
A
Ok.... I'm coming over:) Where is this network again??? You'll love me! But i'm not australian.

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
As has been said, Khaled has nothing to do with any of the networks or servers, so he cant help you.

If you feel you were abused, you can contact the admins of that server or the network as was also mentioned. IRCops have rules to follow, and if they abuse their authority or break those rules, they have to answer for it. However, none of us can judge whether or not your behavior played a role in what happened. IRCops tend to have a lot of abuse thrown at them and there are two sides to every story. Regardless of who was at fault, the more you try to evade the ban placed on you, the less likely you are to ever be allowed back on that network.

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
A
OP Offline
A
Well, i've never been thrown off of dalnet! The woman is outta control tho! She needs a vacation. I have already sent letters to the administration with no response. It is very fustrating.

Thanks everyone! smirk

Link Copied to Clipboard