A
Adriano Offline OP
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
A
hello,
i have this code

alias pamp { set %wamp.format [Winamp $ant(winampver) $+ ] On Air: " $+ &a $+ " [ $+ &d - &f $+ ] | $_windw($active) $dll(system\dll\darkenginex\darkenginex.dll,parsewinamp,%wamp.format) | unset %wamp.format }

to show what song i'm listening and work good, but when winamp isint running this code show something like this

[Winamp 0.00] On Air: "" [Mono - 0:00]

now i need a simple inmput to tell me winamp isint running when song is not active. and otherwise to show info when song is available at winamp

really i appreciate much if anyone help.
thanks.

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
I'm not too sure how that DLL works, never used it to tell you the truth.. Is there a routine in the DLL for the status of winamp? I'll look into it for you..

-Andy

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Get the alias isprocess from this post and then simply do an if check for:

if ($isprocess(winamp.exe)) ...

Note that the code requires Windows 2000 professional or higher, and mIRC 6.16 for it to work.

Gone.
A
Adriano Offline OP
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
A
thanks for your quick reply, and effort SladeKraven
yes dll have routine for the status of winamp and work good.
only when winamp isint running show some ascii char and i need to convert that ascii with a simple message - winamp isint active something like this.

sorry for any mistake in length.

A
Adriano Offline OP
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
A
thanks for your feedback FiberOPtics
that code looks to be great but really i I have problem to code into the winamp message code, because i not know frown

maybe something like this

alias pamp {
if (winamp.exe != $null) {
no winamp running.
else {
set %wamp.format [Winamp $ant(winampver) $+ ] On Air: " $+ &a $+ " [ $+ &d - &f $+ ] | $_windw($active) $dll(system\dll\darkenginex\darkenginex.dll,parsewinamp,%wamp.format) | unset %wamp.format
}
}
}

i know that input is total wrong but is just for idea

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
alias pamp {
if (!$isprocess(winamp.exe)) { echo -a Winamp is not running | return }
set %wamp ...
}

Anyway, since you say that DLL has in fact a way to tell if Winamp is closed or not, you should use that. All we need to see is the weird ascii that you are talking about.

Then you can do something like:

if (<result from dll when asking for status> == <weird ascii chars>) { echo -a Winamp is not running }
else {
}

Gone.
A
Adriano Offline OP
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
A
i try with this one

alias pamp {
if (!$isprocess(winamp.exe)) { echo -a Winamp is not running | return }
set %wamp.format [Winamp $ant(winampver) $+ ] On Air: " $+ &a $+ " [ $+ &d - &f $+ ] | $_windw($active) $dll(system\dll\darkenginex\darkenginex.dll,parsewinamp,%wamp.format) | unset %wamp.format
}

always return Winamp is not running also after song is on air at winamp. ^ this code looks good the only problem is every time winamp is not running.

about ascii is not work, because in some oldversion of winamp have char and in some other have other char, and i think isint good to made that if (<result from dll when asking for status> == <weird ascii chars>)

A
Adriano Offline OP
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
A
this is situation now

Winamp is not running v5.91
(23:47:25) (&Elvis) [Winamp 2.08] On Air: "Scorpions - Yellow Raven" [Stereo - 5:01]

latest winamp not show song and 2.08 work very well with song and return winamp isint running when is off.

Last edited by Adriano; 19/09/05 09:53 PM.
A
Adriano Offline OP
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
A
sometimes work and sometimes tell me the old message under ascii, but no problem Fiberoptiocs code i think work a bit good so i use that.
thanks guys for your effort and help.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
If you can paste the different ascii characters that different versions give you as output, we can make it work with all of them without needing to use the $isprocess identifier. It would probably fix that problem you're having.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
A
Adriano Offline OP
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
A
thanks Riamus2,
isin't work with i paste ascii because, i see now with latest winamp have blank space under my customize message with 2.8 have some ascii and other version different ascii, thanks anyway with that process work well, if you have any other short way post please.

Link Copied to Clipboard