#130498 18/09/05 05:27 PM
D
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
D
Following:
https://forums.mirc.com/s...;page=&vc=1

After extensive testing it appears that there's only 1 parametre that sets the file to write, and is overwritten everytime you set a logging in a different status window. That needs to get specified on a per network basis i think.

Also since there's no way to have it "automatically done" from a fresh mirc installation, it'd be nice to have an option allowing that(Channels, Chats, Status, All 3, Channels&Chats, Channels&Status).

DeathWolf

Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
I think you left off Chats&Status

"Allen is having a small problem and needs help adjusting his attitude" - Flutterby
M
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
M
How a checkbox for each?

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
If you check the Include Network & Make Folder options, then a different folder is made for each network.

I gave my settings for logging in the topic you referred to, and get different logs for status, channels & chats.
Each log goes into the appropriate network folder, and each log has an appropriate name with filename like
#channel.yyyymmdd.log

D
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
D
channels, yes
status, no
to be exact, it really doesnt work with multi-server
even if you put different locations, only 1 status gets used, because, as the mirc.ini shows, there's only 1 line for status destination(and not 1 per serv). and as i said before, it doesnt log status auto, i tried on 2 clean windows xp, it never logged them auto if i didnt set it on first(once it's set on, it does log everytime you start mirc, just on the lastest server-status log).

Last edited by DeathWolf; 27/09/05 01:12 AM.
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
If that's what you're finding, then that's what you're finding.

I just checked my log files, which are separated into different folders by network, and I have a different status file for each day in each of those folders.

Each status file is named similar to status.yyyymmdd

It may be that I did set it on manually...I've been using mIRC for so long, I honestly don't recall.

Link Copied to Clipboard