#13014 25/02/03 11:43 AM
E
Echo Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
E
Hi,

I am having a problem with the 'perform.ini' file for mIRC. Whenever, I do changes to it in mIRC and then click 'OK' to save changes, it automatically alphabetizes the commands within it. I don't particularly mind the arrangement of all servers alphabetically, but the fact that the join commands end up being before /nick or /msg commands gets very annoying, since some rooms can be only joined with a registered and identified for nick... and those commands get ran AFTER the /join, in which case I don't get admitted to certain rooms. Which in turn forces me to re-enter manually certain /join commands, which in itself defies the purpose of 'perform'.

I have tried all I could think of, to deal with this problem. I've even manually edited the 'perform.ini' file and set it to read only. But mIRC changes the permissions on the file and goes around and messes with everything. Basically, I am unable to make any option changes in mIRC, unless I am prepared to see my 'perform.ini' alphabetized.

Can anybody tell me how to deal with this? And why was mIRC coded to do that in first place? Why not just leave it to perform the commands in the order one listed them in?

Echo

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Upgrade to the latest version of mIRC.

http://www.mirc.co.uk/get.html

E
Echo Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
E
Thank you. Seems to have worked. Was that a 6.02 bug?

Echo

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Yep 6.02. There was a huge outcry about it on the old forum. But it's all sorted in 6.03. grin

Link Copied to Clipboard