mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#130146 13/09/05 02:15 PM
D
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
D
I've read through the other threads a bit, trying to find a solution to my problem, but I found there were over 100 pages I'd have to look at, and about 500 posts to read. I don't have that kind of time. I did catch the information that you requested be on the thread though.

I've got DSL, I'm using Windows 2000 Professional, I'm not sure about my FireWall.. but I think it's Cox Highspeed Internet Security Software. I'm using Version 6.16 of mIRC. I've been using it for about a 3 years now. On and off. I'm somewhat familiar with a few of the errors. Except this one: [10022] Invalid argument. Yesterday our server went down for a few hours, but when it came up for everyone else, it mIRC wouldn't let me connect to it, or any other servers. The server I'm almost always on is irc.dark-future.org it's for a text-based game I play. It's up and working for the other players. But I'm still unable to connect to anything. I had a few friends that are computersmart try to help me, They thought it was a possibility my mIRC settings were overwritten or messed up somehow. So we downloaded them again and let them overwrite the ones I had. They are trusted friends. But still, nothing has worked. I looked up the winsock error on a page I found on this forum. Here was all it said:

WSAEINTR - Error 10022
Product: Version: Platform:
All All All

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Question/Problem: Invalid Argument.

Answer/Solution: An invalid value was given for one of the arguments to a function. For example, the value given for the origin when positioning a file pointer (by means of a call to fseek) is before the beginning of the file.

Document #: Revision Date:
WSK-19980714-EM09 10/01/04

None of that makes any sense to me. I'm really frustrated with this. Hope you can help. Please tell me if I didn't include all the information.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
It might be worth it to try and uninstall mIRC completely and then reinstall it to a clean (new) folder. Overwriting may not fix a problem, depending what the problem is and where it's located.

You could also try another client just to see if it's mIRC causing the problem, or your connection. If it works from another client, you know it's a mIRC issue. If it doesn't work from another client, then you know it is something with your connection.

I'm guessing it's probably with your connection.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
D
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
D
Well the only problem with that is my step-dad has blocked me from installing things (he's overprotective and very insecure about internet things and to make it all worse, he won't listen to anyone about it because he's taken a few classes and seems to think he knows all there is to know) so if I uninstall it, I'm afraid I won't be able to install it again. I did install it again in a new folder, but I'm not sure if it's only letting me install it because I already have it installed.

I used something called PJirc to get on irc, but the problem with it is it only connects to another game I play. It won't connect to any other servers. At least not that I know how to make it. I tried a web-based irc thing, but it wouldn't connect me... it didn't really do anything. Didn't even show that it was trying to connect.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Well, if you installed to another folder, that's the same thing, really.

I'm not entirely sure what to suggest. It's probably a setting on your computer, but if you're not allowed to mess with it, I can't really help you find out what it is because it would be trial and error trying to figure it out and you can't do that. Plus, I'm not really sure where to start... I'd basically be guessing at possible places to check.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
D
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
D
I didn't change any settings at all. It just went down yesterday and then wouldn't come back up.

Anyways, Thank you for the help!

Link Copied to Clipboard