mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
A
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
A
It would be nice if custom windows could be changed to include XP functionality. Two ideas I have to do this:
1) /window should be able to be used to set opacity for an individual window (maybe a +oN switch or something?). At the moment transparency can only be set for ALL custom windows, and cannot be changed via scripts (not that i can see anyway, if i am wrong please let me know smile )
2) users should be able to set a transparent colour (rgb value) for a custom window (/window should also have an option for this)

This will allow users to make freeform picture windows, encouraging script creators to make prettier scripts instead of using ugly and limited dialogs grin . It would also effectively allow picture windows with layers to be made (multiple picture windows on top of eachother with transparent bits :tongue: )

I can only please one person per day. Today isn't looking good for you. Tomorrow isn't either grin
A
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
A
something i forgot to mention when posting this was in relation to the /drawtext command. If the -c switch with x y w h is specified, users should be able to also specify whether the text appears left, right, or centered in that box.
Would be useful if the text drawn to the window comes from an identifier / variable and may not always be the same length, but you want it to look good ;p

I can only please one person per day. Today isn't looking good for you. Tomorrow isn't either grin
A
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
A
aww no replies?? anything?? i thought it was a good idea =(
anyways... another idea i had... could apply to both dialogs and custom windows: tooltips. it'd be a nifty feature to be able to make a tooltip appear at a certain cursor point. especially for picture windows - something like this perhaps??:

if ($inrect($mouse.x,$mouse.y,x,y,w,h) == $true) { drawtip blah }

let me know what you all think, if anything =D

A
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
A
me again smile
it would be nice if there could be an $inellipse or like a .ellipse property for $inrect or something like that, i think its fairly self explanatory :P

Link Copied to Clipboard