Print Thread
#129897 10/09/05 09:47 PM
H
HAMM3R Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
H
Is there any way to prevent mirc from logging what I say, and my echos/notices?

Thanks,
Austin

-- HAMM3R (aka: alhammer)
http://www.HAMM3R.net
#129898 10/09/05 10:01 PM
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
I don't know if this is possible what I would do is make an alias that when it's logged and such I'd simply trigger my alias to remove echoes from all files.. Though that would be kinda dodgy.

-Andy

#129899 10/09/05 10:09 PM
H
HAMM3R Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
H
Yeah i see what you mean. The reason im trying to do this is becuase i have pisg, which is a program that reads mirc logs and can convert them into really nice stats. But id like to keep the bot's comments (it has other commands that may msg chans) out of the stats. Ill try that idea Andy, thanks.

Thanks,
Austin

#129900 10/09/05 10:26 PM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
you might consider making a script that writes a logfile "on *:text:#:" as that won't pick up input from the bot.

#129901 11/09/05 01:39 AM
L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
erm... you can do this remove all loggers then write a small script like this..

on *:TEXT:*:*:{ write chat.log $1- } << records every text by person
on *:ACTION:*:*:{ write chat.log $1- } << records every /me action done
on *:NOTICE:*: { write chat.log $1- } << this is probably only good if people notice you alot..

this will write to chat.log from text inputed into the channel and not text you say

Code:
if $reality > $fiction { set %sanity Sane }
Else { echo -a *voices* }
#129902 11/09/05 02:43 AM
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
Lpfix5, you'd need to expand on that greatly, right now it doesn't include the nick or timestamp, that chat.log would be useless. But basically this method work (when setup to write correctly) as long as pisg doesn't expert multiple logs (ie dialy/weekly/etc) for each chan, in which case your face with even more scripting to cycle the files and timestamp them correctly.

As a more long term solution, maybe you should suggest to the pisg developers that 'nick filters' would be a nice feature. So pisg can just ignore the msg's from certain nicknames. Or even better, regex filters, so when pisg parses the file it can ignore lines that match the filters.

"Allen is having a small problem and needs help adjusting his attitude" - Flutterby
#129903 11/09/05 04:00 AM
L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
Quote:
Lpfix5, you'd need to expand on that greatly, right now it doesn't include the nick or timestamp, that chat.log would be useless. But basically this method work (when setup to write correctly) as long as pisg doesn't expert multiple logs (ie dialy/weekly/etc) for each chan, in which case your face with even more scripting to cycle the files and timestamp them correctly.

As a more long term solution, maybe you should suggest to the pisg developers that 'nick filters' would be a nice feature. So pisg can just ignore the msg's from certain nicknames. Or even better, regex filters, so when pisg parses the file it can ignore lines that match the filters.

sorry aboutt hat it doesnt need much expansion this is what and how it should be displayed has i believe is what your talking about

here laugh

on *:TEXT:*:*: { write chat.log [- $+ $time(hh:nntt) $+ -] < $+ $nick $+ > $1- }

or...

on *:TEXT:*:*: { write chat.log [- $+ $timestamp $+ -] < $+ $nick $+ > $1- }
<< $timestamp probably only works if timestamp is enabled tus $time(hh:nntt) probably is a lil better but you get the idea how you can widden a write like Om3n is talking about laugh you can do same thing for action

as Om3n was also saying that possibly you have multi chans if so you can have a log file for each individual channel something like this

on *:TEXT:*:*: { write $chan $+ . $+ chat.log [- $+ $time(hh:nntt) $+ -] < $+ $nick $+ > $1- }

even to make it more pinpoint is if you have it on multi servers with multi channels some might be same name then...

on *:TEXT:*:*: { write $network $+ . $+ $chan $+ . $+ chat.log [- $+ $time(hh:nntt) $+ -] < $+ $nick $+ > $1- }

point is its fully customizable im sure youll be able to work something off with this if not theres plenty of peeps that are here to help laugh

Code:
if $reality > $fiction { set %sanity Sane }
Else { echo -a *voices* }
#129904 11/09/05 05:55 AM
H
HAMM3R Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
H
Thanks guys, I have a good idea of what i need to do now. laugh

Regards,
Austin

#129905 11/09/05 06:58 AM
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
Just to clarify, $timestamp will return the time stamp as set in mirc options even if time stamping in windows is turned off.

"Allen is having a small problem and needs help adjusting his attitude" - Flutterby
#129906 12/09/05 01:31 PM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
How is pisg? I'm looking into mircstats, myself. It allows you to not include stats for specific nicks. Unfortunately, it's not free if you want all the stats abilities.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net

Link Copied to Clipboard