mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
A
Abomb Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
A
My original goal was to expand the irgore-system, basically I wanted a user that is on my ignore list to be removed from nicklists etc, as if he really wasn't online. I tried with scripts, but there is just no way to do that ths way. Eventually I found a DLL that can remove lines from the nicklist in channel windows, but that confuses mIRC, as the indices of the nicks in the nicklist get scrambled. So I thought the best way to completely ignore someone the way I described would be if one could modify the raw server messages before mIRC processes them, something like /debug -i . And I think it would not only be usefull for that ignore thing, but would allow many other uses.

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
While I agree totally with the idea of things like this (the total ability to modify whats happening etc). I also doubt serverly that this well ever happen, as mirc seems geared more for the user end market than the developer end, as i suspect this would also match its useage bases. And as weith several other things in mirc, you cant do it becuase it leaves the program out there to be manipulated to the point of fooling to many people to much of the time, if you can script it to remove a user how can you notice a user is there doing things when u cant see him. Im sure alot well come out and say, people shouldnt run scripts if they dont know what they do etc etc, but really how many of us would tell people not to run antivirus becuase you "shouldnt run programs unless u know what they do".

PS: again i mention I personally would like this, but doubt it would ever happen.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
If you're just trying to make it so you don't see them in the nick list, and if you don't care about seeing "blank" lines in your nicklist, you could just add on a /cnick to your ignore commands. Then, when you ignore someone, you can color their nick in the nick list to match the nick list background. Not really what you wanted, but it's at least something. laugh

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
S
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
S
You will see him if you select him smile

one step closer to world domination
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Yes, I know. As I said, I was just offering something that works at least a little bit. You don't HAVE to ever select a "blank" line.

I suppose another option might by nicklust... I've not used it, so I'm not sure how useful it would be for this sort of thing.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net

Link Copied to Clipboard