mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
D
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
D
Ok, I had to do an backup copy someof my arts and they're about 6 gigs worth... But the DCC only shows me 4GB and keeps at steady 99% all that time... And unfortunately the counter starts allover again when it hits the 4GB mark. This is not only annoying, but confusing.

And I cant yet tell if the DCC keeps re-working the download at hand... For few times now I've had to download the whole package (or some of it, but mainly from the start) all over again. I cant find any possible solutions, but increasing the DCC-send size might work.

The version of my mIRC is 6.16 with no additional scripts included, runned in Windows 2000 Professional with latest updates at hand.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge" - Albert Eisntein
K
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
K
The DCC send protocol sends the file size in bytes as a 32bit integer, and that gives a maximum size of 2^32 bytes = 4GB. DCC was never intended for sending such large files.

I suggest using a protocol more suitable to file transfer, like FTP (file transfer protocol). It might be a good idea to keep your files below 2GB too, most compression tools allow to create multiple volumes.

Link Copied to Clipboard