mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
N
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
N
hey, i am trying to make something, and for it i need alias for all hash table commands, so far, i was able to successfuly create an alias for every hash table command EXCEPT For $hget and $hfind, Why Would This Be? just tried a simple alias of "alias hget { echo -a getting $1- }" To Test It, and No Echos, Same For $hfind... Any Ideas

N
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
N
You can't override any of mIRC's $identifiers.
"Note: Built-in identifiers of the same name have priority"

N
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
N
hmm, well that sucks, lol, any other ay around it?

N
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
N
If ALL you want to do is echo the parameters and/or the result, you could do something like this, but it won't return anything.
alias hget echo -a $1- :: $hget($1,$2) [ $+ [ $iif($3,. $+ $3) ] ]
Use "/hget table item prop", and it will echo <$1 $2 $3> :: <the value of $hget($1,$2).$3>.

edit-
To clarify a little, I mean it won't echo anything extra if you use e.g. //echo -a $hget(table,item). If $hget is used, mIRC will disregard the custom alias, and use the internal version.

Last edited by Nimue; 24/02/03 09:27 PM.
N
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
N
Yeah i know what you mean, unfortunately, it wouldnt be any good in this case, as i was making a little section to something bigger, that logs all hash table activities, but i guess i just wont be able to log hget and hfind, but thats allright, as it isnt really setting anything to a hash table, so no need to really log that is there..... so not a big loss, but thanks anyway (Y)

Link Copied to Clipboard