mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Y
yoinx Offline OP
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
Y
I'm trying to script soemthing that needs to use the /list command, however everytime I do /list the Channels List windows opens. I cant figure out anyway to stop this or close it as soon as it opens. Can someone offer some ideas?

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
This list command that you want to script, is it actually related to the default /list?

If you want to override the default /list behaviour, simply script it like:

alias list {
; my code
}

When doing /list, it will not perform the normal /list then.

Or do you mean you want to do something with the incoming channels after you do a /list, but don't want to see it in the default window "Channel List"?

If so, you can use this to hide the window, and when the retrieving of the list is finished, it will automatically close it.

Code:
#list on
raw 321:*: window -h "channels list" | halt
raw 323:*: window -c "channels list" | halt
raw 322:*:{
  ; $1 = your nickname
  ; $2 = #channel
  ; $3 = number of people
  ; $4- = topic
}
#list end

I have added the raw 322 so that you can see what you can use when a listing is in process. It is however not needed if all you want to do is hide the default channels list, so remove it if so.

Gone.
Y
yoinx Offline OP
OP Offline
Y
Thanks I just couldnt find a way to close or hide mirc's channel list window. Thats exacty what I needed.

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
My apologies for bringing up a topic this old, but I've recently needed the same thing, and using the /window -c command isn't closing the Channels List window (or whatever it's called). That command keeps returning * /window: invalid parameters (and I've tried many different versions of the name to try to get it to work).

Anyone got a working solution for this?

Running mIRC 6.17

S
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
S
window -c "channels list"

As shown in FiberOPtic's post works here using 6.17.

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
yeah..I meant to post an update, but didn't get to it in time...I was forgetting the s at the end of Channel, which made it an invalid window.

Link Copied to Clipboard