mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#127279 11/08/05 01:29 PM
Riamus2 Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
Ok, time for me to ask a question in here. smile

I've used various servers.ini lists and I always seem to have issues with Undernet. If I reconnect on irc.undernet.org, it usually works. However, if one server doesn't work, then often it tries a specific IP (sorry, I'm not at home and can't get that IP... if needed, I'll try to remember to post that info tonight). Anyhow, that one IP it tries will keep trying over and over and isn't a valid IP for Undernet. It just gives a can't connect error.

I know I can manually change to another server or redo /server irc.undernet.org, but if I'm not there, it can end up in a loop on that one IP and never connect.

I guess my questions are...

1) Has anyone else had this problem, and have you figured out what to remove/edit in servers.ini to get rid of that bad IP?

2) Is this a bug that causes mIRC to use only that one IP to try and connect and to not rotate through the different servers anymore?

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
This isn't a good fix, but it worked for me, in the severs list I removed all of the entries except for the Random US server.

Riamus2 Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
Lol. I'd rather not remove everything if only one is bad. smile

Maybe I will just wait until I get the IP again and then script a thing that will send a /server command whenever that pops up.

One question... what event is a "connecting to ******" in? Is it a RAW? If so, which one? Thanks.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
C
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
C
I'm not sure but you could always try using on *:connectfail:

Link Copied to Clipboard