mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#127149 10/08/05 01:26 AM
B
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
B
I've seen many people did that, so I thought I'd like to give it a try by seeking some help from u guys.

I just wondered how am I supposed to add a bot to my channel? The bot that allows me to devoice/op , kick/ban someone without me (using my nick) to do so.

Any clue?

Thanks ion advance. smile

#127150 10/08/05 03:08 AM
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
There are a number of bots that have been already written with these (and a lot more) abilities. Try looking in the mIRC Bots section of Hawkee

#127151 10/08/05 03:20 AM
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
As an addition to RusselB's post, if you was asking for a Channel Agent which keeps the room open whilst you're offline or whatever it's best to ask a server admin in #help (#services or equivalent).

-Andy

#127152 10/08/05 03:34 AM
L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
Quote:
I've seen many people did that, so I thought I'd like to give it a try by seeking some help from u guys.

I just wondered how am I supposed to add a bot to my channel? The bot that allows me to devoice/op , kick/ban someone without me (using my nick) to do so.

Any clue?

Actually you can use socket's or basically use a second mirc file or load mirc with script on another computer and have it load on the server example of scripts to op and devoice are has follows... all in remotes by the way

on *:START:*:{ server irc.XXXXXX.com | join #whatever } [[/delete this.. the above command automatically connects you to a server (or the bot in question) ]]
on SET LEVEL HERE.. READ MIRC HELP ON LEVELS VERY IMPORTANT IF YOU WANT TO BE THE MASTER. :TEXT:*:*:{
if ($1 == !kb) { ban $2- 3 | kick #whatever $2 $3- }
if ($1 == !op) { mode #whatever +o $2 | msg #whatever Here is your operator status }
if ($1 == !voice) { mode #whatever +v $2 }
if ($1 == !deop) { mode #whatever -o $2 | msg #whatever You no longer Deserve Op Status }
if ($1 ==!dvoice) { mode #whatever -v $2 }
}

Explanation of small sniplet, see what we did here is create a ON text event which has multiple executions using $1 $2 $3 commands, Here's an explanation you see for example if we choose the first script if ($1 == !kb) { ban $2- 3 | kick #whatever $2 $3- } what this does is allow you to either type in the channel or privately msg the bot """"THATS why were using on levelhere:text:*:*: those * = wildcards any words... and either channel or privatemsg"""""" so it allows you to type to the bot !KB nicknamehere reason for kick here,,,

if ($1 <<< $1 = first word you say in channel or privatemsg so if the first word equals too !kb *** if ($1 == !kb) we set it to execute this { ban $2- 3 | kick #whatever $2 $3- } so now $2 = second word you tell the bot and $3 is the third worth and so fourth im sure you get it by now so basically if you type to the bot !kb Jacob Mess with the best die like the rest it will execute a BAN at level 3 then a kick out of the channel with message mess with the best, the reason we are not adding $4 and $5 to continue the message is because on $3 im using $3- which tells the script to continue the words said

Hope this helps I know I talk too much..

Code:
if $reality > $fiction { set %sanity Sane }
Else { echo -a *voices* }
#127153 10/08/05 04:32 AM
B
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
B
Hi,

Don't mind asking this stupid question, I just like to know what if I wanted to rebot my pc and have got no choice to close mIRC.

My question is what will happen to my bot then? Follow me quit aswell?

Or is there a command to use to add the bot to the data? So even if i closed my mIRC my bot will still be there.

Any clue?

Thanks in advance.

#127154 10/08/05 08:11 AM
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
If you have to reboot your pc, then any programs running on that pc will be closed. If you want your bot to run even when you reboot, I believe there are two options.
1) Run your bot on a 2nd pc that is networked to share the internet connection, or that has it's own internet connection.

2) Use a BNC. I have no personal knowledge of BNC's, but I have seen them mentioned a few times in other posts.

#127155 13/08/05 01:09 AM
S
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
S
Quote:
Quote:

Any clue?

Actually you can use socket's or basically use a second mirc file or load mirc with script on another computer and have it load on the server example of scripts to op and devoice are has follows... all in remotes by the way

on *:START:*:{ server irc.XXXXXX.com | join #whatever } [[/delete this.. the above command automatically connects you to a server (or the bot in question) ]]
on SET LEVEL HERE.. READ MIRC HELP ON LEVELS VERY IMPORTANT IF YOU WANT TO BE THE MASTER. :TEXT:*:*:{
if ($1 == !kb) { ban $2- 3 | kick #whatever $2 $3- }
if ($1 == !op) { mode #whatever +o $2 | msg #whatever Here is your operator status }
if ($1 == !voice) { mode #whatever +v $2 }
if ($1 == !deop) { mode #whatever -o $2 | msg #whatever You no longer Deserve Op Status }
if ($1 ==!dvoice) { mode #whatever -v $2 }
}

Explanation of small sniplet, see what we did here is create a ON text event which has multiple executions using $1 $2 $3 commands, Here's an explanation you see for example if we choose the first script if ($1 == !kb) { ban $2- 3 | kick #whatever $2 $3- } what this does is allow you to either type in the channel or privately msg the bot """"THATS why were using on levelhere:text:*:*: those * = wildcards any words... and either channel or privatemsg"""""" so it allows you to type to the bot !KB nicknamehere reason for kick here,,,

if ($1 <<< $1 = first word you say in channel or privatemsg so if the first word equals too !kb *** if ($1 == !kb) we set it to execute this { ban $2- 3 | kick #whatever $2 $3- } so now $2 = second word you tell the bot and $3 is the third worth and so fourth im sure you get it by now so basically if you type to the bot !kb Jacob Mess with the best die like the rest it will execute a BAN at level 3 then a kick out of the channel with message mess with the best, the reason we are not adding $4 and $5 to continue the message is because on $3 im using $3- which tells the script to continue the words said

Hope this helps I know I talk too much..

Are you teaching people mIRC scripting into a post ? smile
Brianlan, if you want to make your own bot (I mean code it) you will have to learn it. Connect on mIRC and type: /help Remote Scripts and start reading. Noone can teach you mIRC scripting except the /help smile. If you don't want to make your own bot, just search for one already coded on google or other mirc sites smile

#127156 13/08/05 01:11 AM
S
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
S
Quote:
If you have to reboot your pc, then any programs running on that pc will be closed. If you want your bot to run even when you reboot, I believe there are two options.
1) Run your bot on a 2nd pc that is networked to share the internet connection, or that has it's own internet connection.

2) Use a BNC. I have no personal knowledge of BNC's, but I have seen them mentioned a few times in other posts.

BNC's are useless. Bncs are acting like a IRC server, and you connect with mIRC trough it, and you're connected to server. When you disconnect the mIRC from server, the nick keeps being on server, but the mIRC scripting will not work anymore (Logically) and bot will be useless. mad mad

#127157 15/08/05 10:45 AM
_
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
_
You could always try Eggdrop or PHP bots run on a remote server.

***BTW: When I get the poersupply back for my 3rd computer, I am installing Linux on the machine, so I will give shell access to anyone that has helped me on this forum.

~mike~

Link Copied to Clipboard