mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
C
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
C
I've run down a list of commands all over the place but can't find what i'm looking for. I need a command that will send a message to a certain user, but it has to go to the user in the main window...Say i'm in channel #blegh...I want the message sent to user B and have him (and only him) see it in channel #blegh...

Is there any way to do it, I've tried every messaging command out there frown
Thanks in advance

D
DV8 Offline
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
D
The only thing you could do, as far as I'm aware, is have your friend go into Options (Alt+O), IRC and under Show In Active, check Queries. Then all /query and /msg messages will show up in the active window, the window that he/she currently has in focus, rather than having a seperate window pop up.

I'm not sure if querries could be sent to a specific channel through a bit of scripting or not. Maybe one of our scripting wizards can help.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
*IF* the other user wants to include a script on his/her computer, you can have them include this:

Code:
on *:text:*:?: {
  if ($nick == yournick) {
    echo #thechannel $1-
    window -c $nick
  }
}

Replace "yournick" with your nick. Replace #thechannel with the channel you want it to be visible in.

Other options include having him/her set queries (as mentioned above) or notices to be displayed in the active window. Of course, this doesn't make it display in a specific channel unless that is the active window.

As a final note, if the channel wouldn't have issues with it (most would), you could set up a personal encode/decode setup. You'd type it to the channel and it's encoded in some way so no one can read it without knowing the way to decode it. Similar to using $decode, but you'd need to write your own encoding method or everyone can simply use $decode.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
/notice <UserB> <message>

T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
1) Get him to use a script:

Code:
on ^*:open:?:{ 
  if ($nick == Camper_killer) { 
    echo #blegh (private) &lt; $+ $nick $+ &gt; $1- 
    haltdef
  }
}

2) If you're both the only two ops on the channel use the /onotice command.

New username: hixxy

Link Copied to Clipboard