mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#126481 31/07/05 05:36 AM
M
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
M
Hello. Im not sure whats going on with my mirc. It seems that no matter what medium (mirc program, or basic applet web page ircs) I use, no one else in those forums can see what I am writing. It does not show up on their end. Have you all heard of this before? I am at wits end trying to figure out whats going on. The firewall doesnt have it blocked or anything, and I can read all of the contents of each channel.... Thanks for any help!

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Is the channel moderated? (+m mode)? Or is the mode set to +R? The first one prevents you from talking if you aren't at least voiced. The second one prevents you from talking if you aren't using a registered nick.

Try other channels and other networks. Try private messaging and see if that works.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
Slight correction Riamus2... the +R prevents you from joining the room with an unregistered and unidentified nick. There is a way around the +R, but I'm not going to reveal in the forum what it is.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Ah, that's right. Been awhile since I've seen +R in use. Thanks for the correction.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
No problem...You've helped me out enough times correcting small errors that I knew better, but missed.

Link Copied to Clipboard