Print Thread
E
Einhorn Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
E
Hello,
i'm using a german windows xp, but would like to use polish characters correctly in the mirc chat-window. Right now, every polish character i write is converted into a latin one. And every polish character i receive is nothing but a stupid symbol.
i tried to change font and font-style but i couldn't figure out how to make it work.

Is there any way to make mirc correctly show those characters even with a german windows?

thanks in advance
einhorn

R
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
R
You could run mIRC inside the AppLocale utility that you can download from mircosoft.com, and set that to Polish - That would make your umlauts appear as garbage instead, though. Apparently a fix for this problem has been planned, without getting into too much detail.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I've not messed with this, but perhaps loading the correct code pages into Windows would help? For example, I've loaded all the Asian code pages and now I can display Asian characters even in my browser's title bar (and various other places) where you normally wouldn't see it. Just a thought... I've never used a foreign Windows version, so not sure how they handle code pages or if it would help.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
E
Einhorn Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
E
Thank you alot. I found the place, where you can change the codepages. in XP there's a possibility to change the language for all programs, that don't support unicode. I changed it to polish with no problems. Even my "Umlauts" smile are still displayed correctly.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Ok, I'm glad that was it and it's working for you. smile

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net

Link Copied to Clipboard