#124895 12/07/05 02:08 PM
M
Mandark Offline OP
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
M
Hi.
I am having problems with chatting on mIRC. I connect to a channel and find my name on the right side between other users' names. When I write something it displays on the board, but no one replies. I know you it sounds stupid, but I tried a lot of channels and servers but no one says there a word. I dont know what to do about it.
Thx for help.

#124896 12/07/05 02:20 PM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Not all channels are active. Just because users are there, doesn't mean they are at their computers or that they are watching mIRC or that they want to chat. Try a channel where you see a lot of people chatting. If your text is showing in the channel, people can see it unless you have a script blocking that (unlikely, but possible). You can always open mIRC twice and connect to the same network/channel and see if you see the text from the other mIRC. If so, then others definitely can.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
#124897 12/07/05 05:47 PM
A
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
A
As long as you not get "Can not send to channel", your text are showing up for other users.

#124898 12/07/05 07:15 PM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Usually, yes. This isn't necessarily the case, but is usually true.

When isn't it the case? A script for an on input can end up echoing text to the active window and halt the sending of it to the channel. There would be no error message in this case and it would appear to work normally except no one else would see your text. This could be a malicious script, or a scripting error. It's unlikely, but is possible... which is why I suggested testing it with another instance of mIRC to verify if it's sending the text to the channel or not.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net

Link Copied to Clipboard