mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hi. i'm new here, i've looked around so if the solution to my problem is around here somewhere in some other post, please put a link before you close the topic, although i searched and haven't found anything.

problem no1: i'm looking for a weather script (i mean a few lines of code, not a full script like scoop2004, for example) that cand retrive forcasts from europe, with the help of a proxy server, and one that can work as a simple addon to the normal mIRC 6.16. if you found one by mistake, please point me to the right direction.

problem no2: i frequently chat with people who ar away and get that iritating message in the status telling me they're away. i'd like to get rid of that message, it bothers me. is there any way of doing this with a simple script (i mean a few lines of code, not a full script like scoop2004, for example) that can work as an addon to the normal mIRC 6.16?

thank you.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
For weather scripts look here.

Gone.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hi and thanks. unfortunatly the only one that works there has a really bad interface smile (but it's better than nothing)

also the second problem is the one i'm most interrested in. please advise. smirk

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i really have no idea what to do, although i'm not a beginner at this. i also don't know how to permanently put timestamps in status (it works only with some lines, for example:

Quote:

Current Local Users: 20 Max: 213
Current Global Users: 27 Max: 220
-
MOTD File is missing
-
[08:10:26] * MYNICK sets mode: +w
-
[08:10:26] This connection is NOT secured, but the OpenSSL libraries were found.

you can see the part with "Current Local ..." doesn't have a timestamp, although i'd like it to have one wink
so actually there are 3 problems

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quote:
301 RPL_AWAY
"<nick> :<away message>"
305 RPL_UNAWAY
":You are no longer marked as being away"
306 RPL_NOWAWAY
":You have been marked as being away"

- These replies are used with the AWAY command (if
allowed). RPL_AWAY is sent to any client sending a
PRIVMSG to a client which is away. RPL_AWAY is only
sent by the server to which the client is connected.
Replies RPL_UNAWAY and RPL_NOWAWAY are sent when the
client removes and sets an AWAY message.

taken from http://www.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2812.txt
i really don't know the stuff about raw commands, but i guess there must be a way to stop this "RPL_AWAY" that i get from the server.. maybe someone else knows how? pls?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
raw 301:*: halt

yeah thanks a lot guys, i couldn't have done it without you

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
You can check out my weather script if you want. Of course, it's not a "few lines" long, but it's a nice script.

http://www.arrowweb.com/jeremy/IRCWeather.html

Note that it uses weatherunderground.com. Check out that website to find out what locations in Europe are available. It does offer many cities, but perhaps not as many as you're really looking for.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the screenshots look very cool actualy. unfortunatly the standalone version can't be downloaded and i don't see options for a proxy (my network connection requires one).
but i will check it out when it's finished.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Yes, there isn't a standalone version as of yet. Basically, I just need to take the time to merge both the server and user versions. I'll try to get this out soon.

As far as proxy support... I'm not quite sure how that would work. Any scripters here able to tell me what is different for a socket read script when a proxy is being used?

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
http://plastic.xsintrk.net/mirc/weatherclient

this small script here has proxy support and it works.

Link Copied to Clipboard