Print Thread
#124296 04/07/05 06:58 AM
L
Layzie Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
L
I tried looking searching for this, but didn't notice a related topic.

Using:
mIRC 6.16
Win XP and Win 2000

In mIRC Options under the DCC Tab then Folders.
When I try to add my own file to accept say *.avi and set the save directory as the mirc.exe dir (c:\mirc) it saves the information and works fine until I close IRC and restart it. When I restart it the location and the entry *.avi is gone. Maybe this isn't a bug, but I've tried it on multiple PC's and have had the same problem on both.

Basically I'm trying to save incoming files to the root mirc directory and when I restart mirc it loses the information I added for that area.

Let me know if I need to explain that better. Any help would be great!!

#124297 04/07/05 08:38 AM
D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
Looks like it might be a bug,
The cause appears to be becuase if u select a folder UNDER the mirc folder it stores just FOLDERNAME\ such as SOUNDS\, if you one else where it stores the exact path C:\DOWNLOADS etc, this is likely so you can move the mirc installation folder, with out breaking download paths, which if under it would move with it.
When you select the mirc.exe folder it places nothing there, and i think this is what causes the problem, when mirc restarts, i think it sees this as a faulty line and doesnt set it.

If you must must must save them there, here is a fix, do these steps right after each other.
step1. ALT-O set the folder as per normal
step2. type in /RUN NOTEPAD MIRC.INI
step3. close mirc
step4. locate the [extensions] header in the mirc.ini
step5. locate a line that well look like this n1=*.aviEXTDIR: the n1 might be another number
step6. change the line to look like this n1=*.aviEXTDIR:.\ ie: add a . and a \
step7. save the mirc.ini
step8. restart mirc

This tweaks the setting so it thinks its in a folder called . which is the current folder it now sees a valid line there and adds it when restarting.

tested sending a file and this works it sends it to the mirc.exe folder.

Link Copied to Clipboard