S
SunGod Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
S
At Least I believe that is the problem.
I am attending www.iub.edu atm
I've never been able to get mIrc to work here but I want to really spend the time and try and find out if their is a back door or something, That I would be able to.

Everytime I try and connect to mIrc using mIrc or using a offhand site, that loads mIrc, I always get the Unable to connect, TimeOut Message.

I do not have any problems using P2P but mIrc I can not use. I can post the screen shots of the ports currently being blocked, filitered and open atm if that would help to see or solve anything.

I have thew new vers. Of mIrc and I am running Windows XP SP2. My Firewall Is Off.

Should I try and reformat my entire drive and see if that is the problem? When I tried to use mIrc on University Computer Labs, It says MS Firewall blocked it. When I try mine, I just get the Unable to connect.

Would a proxy work or Sock it? Any Ideas or Thoughts On how to get around this problem?

Thank You

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Speak to the network administrator(s) or the appropriate professors who would deal with this. We don't help help find "backdoor" ways to evade policies of workplaces/schools/universities/cybercafes/etc.

Your comparison of mIRC to p2p programs would suggest to me that you think mIRC is also a p2p program. mIRC is not a file sharing program smile

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
S
SunGod Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
S
I found a way around it.

My comparsion was due to the fact is why would they allow the ports of P2P clients and not allow mIrc. I know mIrc is not a file sharing service.

Good Day

Link Copied to Clipboard