mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#123598 25/06/05 08:01 AM
G
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
G
Well, there is /onotice, which is very handy.. and i know you can do /notice +#chan <text> on some IRCd's but one intergrated into mIRC for all "known" status's would be very nice.. I am pretty sure this is a mIRC command and not IRCd related not sure... But the only issue i guess there would be is, there is such a difference in status for differnt IRCd's. Unreal uses ~&@%+, some places use !&@%+, some dont include halfop, some dont include ~. its hard to tell really, but if we could make something that would relay the text to just the "owner(s)" and voices and up, sort of a staff notice.. that would be pretty cool..

Also an.. isowner and isprotect would be nice to go along with isop and isvoice.

- Andrew Berquist, Windfyre Network
#123599 25/06/05 11:45 AM
T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
Quote:
Also an.. isowner and isprotect would be nice to go along with isop and isvoice.

isowner exists already, it's an undocumented operator.
isprotect also exists, but I doubt it does what you want. /help isprotect

New username: hixxy
#123600 25/06/05 01:58 PM
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
As you mentioned, mIRC has absolutely no way of knowing what modes match with what names besides those which are particularly common (ie. voice and op). The only dynamic way is to use /notice [color:red]<prefixes-here>#channel[/color].

The same goes for is[color:red]<mode-name>[/color] operators. Instead of trying (and no doubt often failing) to correctly match any and every mode prefix on a server to a mode name, it makes far more sense to just use $nick() which can accept mode prefixes to check if someone has a given mode.

Spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, and stupid comments are intentional.
#123601 25/06/05 05:45 PM
S
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
S
Also, for IRCd's that don't support <prefix>#channel noticing, it is easy to make a little script to find the users that you want, and make a multi-target string, like: /notice nick1,nick2,nick3,etc message

mIRC 6.21 - Win XP Pro (SP2) - 2.4 Ghz - 1 GB Mem
irc.x-tab.org

Link Copied to Clipboard