mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
05z71 Offline OP
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
Hey guys, I can't seem to stay connected to MIRC, my little brother was on my computer yesterday and got on MIRC and went to an Undernet server to #mp3passion. Well a person private messaged him and it said something like "Want to be a operator in mp3passion? Just paste the following into the chat..... And it was something like //text ajlfasjdlkajslkdjals;kjd;lkasjdlkasdjalskdj" He doesn't remember what it said but, when i connect to MIRC and go to a room is disconnects me from the server.... I was wondering how do i fix this??? Thanks!

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
It would have been similar to "//write $decode(rubbish)". Your brother should not have access to your client if he doesn't know the basic rules of IRC. Never type what other people tell you to.

The $decode "virus" is fairly benign, it often gets you banned from channels or networks because it makes you send the infection message to other people. Type /!remote off, go to ALT+R and unload all scripts. For more specific instructions, you can go to Undernet's #dmsetup or #vh channels.

Please note that mIRC is not a file trading program.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris

Link Copied to Clipboard