mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
B
Does anyone know where I can get an alert type addon or bot that when certain keywords are typed like 911 it will alert everyone in the channel. I play an online game and our alliance in it could really use something like this to alert others of invaders. Wed like it to notify everyone and that anyone in chan can use it by just typeing 911 (gangname).

Any ideas or suggestions for what we could use? Are there any addons or bots out there? We all run the anaconda script if that helps any, tia. confused

I
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
I
Since i have nothing to do, ill make it for you just tell me what it needs and ill have it done in a few mins- a few days depending on what i do cool

B
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
B
Thanks a ton man!

Heres what I would like it to do, I want it so when anyone in our channel types 911 (and the choosen word here) it will send an alert to the channel as well as page every single person in the channel. Everyone should be able to use it as long as their in our channel and to make it real colorful but not too colorful would be cool to.

IE. I type 911 "gangname" this will triger a page sent to everyone saying 911 "gangname" is invading our country! as well as post this in the channel as a notice. Thanks a ton man if you can do this you have no idea how much we appreciate it. smile

*edit* AccessIRC is the server if this helps any :tongue:

X
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
X
Here's a simple code you could use

Code:
 on *:TEXT:911 &:[color:blue]#Channel[/color]: notice $chan 4 911! $2 is invading our country! 

**Change #Channel

Anybody in your channel can use this by typing "911 <word>". You could add colors and change the message.

If you have a plastic floor runner over your tiles, then you're one Hella Pinoy!
I
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
I
Code:
on $*:text:/911 (\w+)/g:#&lt;CHANNEL&gt;:/notice # 4WARINING!2 $regml(1) 4is invading our country!!

this would work better in my opininon,
if someone says ,911 its.wqe it would say
WARINIG! its is invading our country!!
it would also work if someone says "hello my name is n00b. omfg! 911 blah!!"
it would say
warning! blah is invaiding our country!!"
anything else, ill make too
replace #<CHANNEL> with your channel :tongue:

T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
Quote:
it would also work if someone says "hello my name is n00b. omfg! 911 blah!!"

That would just be annoying.

New username: hixxy
B
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
B
so which code is the 1 im wanting and how do i run 2 verisions of mirc 1 to use as a bot and 1 for reg use?

with the above scripts will it send a msg to the channel as well as page every single person in the room?

If I said "911 n00b" and nothing else i want it to say "911 n00b is invading our country"! in channel as well as page everyone in channel with it thx for the help guys.

I just need the exact remote script for what I want and how to run 2 versions of mirc to use 1 as a bot thx!

btw the channel is #CHI if you could include that in the code :tongue:

X
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
X
You could use the code I posted which will do exactly what you wanted. Below is the revision of it which I added a message to the channel

Code:
 on *:TEXT:911 &amp;:#CHI: { 
  .msg $chan 4 911! $2 is invading our country! 
  .notice $chan 4 911! $2 is invading our country! 
}

If you have a plastic floor runner over your tiles, then you're one Hella Pinoy!
B
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
B
ok this is the exact code that will send it to channel and send everyone a page in the channel as well when someone types 911?

on *:TEXT:911 &:#CHI: {
}

I put this under remote im sure now how do I run 2 mirc programs 1 for my bot and 1 for regular use?

B
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
B
i just tried it man it dont work..

X
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
X
You have to put the above code in your bot (ALT-R -> FILE -> NEW) then you could trigger the code with "911 <word>" by using another client(for regular use).

Last edited by xDaeMoN; 10/06/05 11:03 PM.

X
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
X
on *:TEXT:911*:#CHI: {
}

X
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
X
That would work too, though with or without the 2nd parameter...

B
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
B
well im tryin to get it to work with the mirc im on now i put it under a new remote file and typed 911 n00b and it does nothing

X
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
X
Quote:
well im tryin to get it to work with the mirc im on now i put it under a new remote file and typed 911 n00b and it does nothing

It cannot trigger your own text. It can only be triggered by others or by another client, that's why it has to be used on a bot.

I
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
I
Code:
on $*:text:/^911 +$/g:#: .notice # $+(4,$2,2) is invading our country! | .msg # $+(4,$2,2) is invading our country!

That should work, but someone else has to say 911 <stuff>

T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
That will match 911 followed by one or more spaces (which is wrong), but you don't need a regex at all here:

Code:
on *:text:911 &amp;:#:{
  .notice $chan 04 $+ $202 is invading our country! 
  .msg $chan 04 $+ $202 is invading our country!
}

B
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
B
it still dont work thats the exact code im puttin in it dont work.

T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
Put it in a new file in remote (Alt+R > File > New) and make sure remote is turned on (type /!remote on in any window)
Also make sure none of your other on text events (if any) have a /halt command in them.

B
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
B
well im running the anaconda script would that interfer with it?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard