mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
N
Name141 Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
N
is there an easy way to read back about 5-6 lines from a user's last PM so if you closed the PM you remember what they said without having to open the logs back up?

something like

On *:open:?:{ set -u1 %linesquery $+ $nick $lines( some way to find out there logfile.txt ) | echo 12 $nick $calc((%linesquery $+ $nick ) - 1) }

or something of that sort ?

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
Once the window where the chat was taking place has been closed, the only way to get at the information is through the logs, presuming you did log.

Without knowing what format you've got setup on your system for storing the logs..ie: where the logs are stored and how the names are created, there's nothing more I can do at this point.

To view logs from within mIRC, click Tools - Log Files, which will bring up a dialog where you can search for a particular log

Vogon poet
Vogon poet
'Reload logs' Is not what you look for?

echo -a $signature
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
not likely Brax, as Reload logs causes a log file that already exists to be loaded with the new chat information being appended to that log...it's fine if you only want one log file per nick, but some people, like myself, prefer to have log files that are dated and only contain chat information for that particular date.

N
Name141 Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
N
reloading logs would be fair, but i wanted just a short version of that.

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
How are your logs being stored? an example of a filename of an actual log would be helpful.

N
Name141 Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
N
i was thinking, wouldn't a hashtable work for this the best way?

here's how i'd like for it to work...

there's about 5 line "buffer" the new line they just typed goes to 5.. 5 to 4 , 4 to 3 , 3 to 2, 2 to 1, 1 to unset.

anyway to do this ?

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D

Link Copied to Clipboard