mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
C
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
C
First, recently I've noticed that mIRC is sluggish closing the options dialog and the scripts editor. It can take upwards of 10 seconds just to close the options dialog. mIRC does not respond, and CPU usage is at 100% during this time. What would cause this? This happens in both explorer and bb4win (see next issue).

Second, mIRC gets kind of sluggish when I'm using the blackbox for windows (bb4win) shell. To compare, I will have my windows in mIRC maximized, and hold down ctrl+n to scroll through them. In explorer (windows default shell), redrawing is instantaneous; there is no lag. In bb4win, there is a noticeable delay before the new channel is redrawn. Any ideas what might cause this? (I asked at the bb4win forums.. no ideas there).

I am using XP Pro SP1, mIRC 6.16.

Thanks.

D
Babel fish
Babel fish
D
either you have not enough memory, so each 'refresh' of your screen has to be 'redone'. Or some other program(s) is/are eating all CPU.

About your second thing, dont have a clue

C
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
C
hello there i don't know y i can not make chart with other people? can u help me? pls i need urgent

D
Babel fish
Babel fish
D
Post your mIRC error msg.. then we can help you.. still not nice to hijack topics for this n e way

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
You'll find alot of people do this because they don't know how to start a thread, I constantly get PM'd on here on how to start their own thread.

-Andy

C
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
C
I have a gig of RAM, and I'm never over 60% use of it. ANd I guess I didn't specify.. *mIRC* is using 100% CPU.

My second issue has been made moot.. since bb4win is no longer in development, I switched to bbLean (which is based on bb4win), and that behavior is no longer evident.

C
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
C
this is getting rather annoying..

C
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
C
ok, I can't stand it when it takes 20 full seconds just to close the options dialog. What is going on?

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
I can't say for sure, but it sounds to me like you might have an infection. Make sure your anti-virus files are up to date, then reboot in safe mode, and do a full system check. Likewise with a spyware utility. I know what I like, but everyone has their own preferences. Also might be a good idea to upgrade your Windows version from XP SP1 to XP SP2, along with the various updates that have been released for that. You can download that from Microsoft's site, or have them mail you a CD.

C
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
C
..it's my virus *scanner*. I should have guessed. Now to muck around with the settings..

Turning off "scan documents" in AVG Free's Control Center (Resident Shield part) causes instantaneous closing of the dialogs.

Link Copied to Clipboard